Patricia Laf…, Home Seller in Atlanta, GA

I'm not a broker, can I add a listing as a home owner?

Asked by Patricia Laflin, Atlanta, GA Tue May 20, 2008

Answers

6
Patricia - You can sign up with one of the limited service brokers, HelpUSell, By Owner, Duffy, etc., and they will place your listing in the MLS and FMLS, and you will get limited service, limited advertising, and basically you are on your own to sell it yourself.

If you want to get it sold for a good price in this declining market, go to one of the full service brokers, such as Prudential. I will get it sold for you. Call me 770-633-7576 for a comprehensive proposal and marketing plan.

Ed Francell
Hi Patricia,
You can add your own listing to Trulia, but the flat fee/limited service brokerage idea that Ed mentioned below is also a great idea for "do-it-yourself" real estate. We actually have a product like this here in Atlanta called "What IF? Realty". You can get all the real estate services you need for just $999. If you list with What IF Realty, you get listed at Trulia.com -- as well as a host of other locations on the web. You get FMLS listing, sign, lockbox -- plus telephone and email support. There is not much to lose because we also give you three ways to get your money back. If you are interested, call or email me at 678.279.4707 or matt@diamonddwellings.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 20, 2008
Hi Patricia, The previous answers make some very good points. There is also some additional information (a video) on my website from Clark Howard in regards to For Sale By Owers. If you are considering doing a For Sale By Owner you might want to check the information on my website before you do. I see your zipcode is 30132, which is Dallas, Paulding county. I am very familiar with that area. It is where I do most of my business. My office is in Hiram, so if you decide you need and agent, I would be happy to help get your home sold.

Best of luck to you.
Donna Abbott
Keller Williams Realty Across Atlanta
770-378-7374
Patricia.

Define listing.

Don't try to boil the ocean.
Patricia,
Where is your property located?
Patricia,

I would be happy to list some photos and information about your home on my personal blog. I can't market and sell your property without a written agreement, but I will be sure to disclose that this is a for sale by owner property.

If things don't work out selling on your own maybe you can give me an opportunity to market and sell your home later on. Are you protecting agents who bring buyers to your home while it's for sale by owner?

Feel free to contact me regarding the blog post and you can send me some photos & details. You can view my blog at the link below.

James Dudley
ERA Sunrise Realty
678-781-7418
james.dudley@era.com