Home Selling in Dunning>Question Details

Luke, Home Seller in Dunning, Chicago, IL

I'm looking for real estate agent to sell my property for low commision.

Asked by Luke, Dunning, Chicago, IL Sun Nov 1, 2009

Answers

13
Luke, you want to save on commission at the expense of achieving a higher price? There are agents out there that will be able to accommodate you and a reduction of commission will reflect minimal services and it utlimately could effect your carrying costs, final settlement price. So, are you really saving money? How long do you want to be on he market? What are your goals? If you know he answers, then go for it. I wish you the best but be careful because what you pay for is what you ultimately get.

Barb Van Stensel
Keller Williams LIncoln Square
Chicago, IL 60625
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 7, 2009
Be careful as in most situations, you get what you pay for! There will always be people who will cut commission, but typically you receive fewer services and have the benefit of less experience.

Jenny
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 1, 2009
You usually get what you pay for. And I don't even want a Dunning listing, so I have nothing to gain by saying this.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 25, 2011
I recommend George Ayling, who has 30 plus years experience, was a top seller for a well known traditional real estate company in the suburbs. Then he started Selectafee.com real estate here in Chicago. Here is his email: George@selectafee.com

Very competent and ethical in everything he does.

Had to chime in. It's not about commission rate, it's about service. Our rate includes the successful marketing of your home for sale in a tough market. Also, there are various ways of selling.,..i.e. Rent to Own, Contract for Deed, Rent-Option, seller incentives, etc..... especially if your property may be in a difficult seller location market. Pricing is key also. Reducing pricing also reduces the commission of a listing agent so it is advantages for all of us to work on pricing your property correctly!!

Concluding: It's better for realtor motivational purposes to have a strong cooperative commission. The good realtors will show homes with great coops and will not show homes with low commissions unless there are other ammenities for homebuyers that supercede what realtors are showing their clients. Therefore your home must meet the price that meets the comparables within the same neighborhood.

Very Last point: My team has a guaranteed seller program that will guarantee a sell or give you a rebate!! So if you want your home sold at the best price possible, let's communicate and discuss this matter.

We have an "Unheard of Real Estate Rebate" Program which will work for you if we both decide to list your property for sell.

Contact me at anytime. Thank you.

Harold Arnold
American Invsco Rlty
312.523.8174
http://ChicagoCityHomeSales.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 15, 2009
Luke- You can find discount brokers on the internet or the "Pro" section of Trulia. There are some companies that offer a discounted rate and some that will sell your home for a "flat fee".

Sell by yourself.
Mls is organization funded by participating real estate agents. Each one of us is putting our money (in form of fees) and time to keep it rolling. It seems to me that you are recognizing the fact that most efficient way of selling your property is through real estate agent.
You have always an option to do it "by owner". I wonder if you are shopping same way for a doctor. The difference in results it might be not so dramatic like with for example "heart operation" but financially there is a difference. You get what you are paying for. Find the best and pay him/her accordingly. And I do not think the "best" and most active agent will go for cut commission knowing the time and effort he/she has to put in in order to successfully market, show, negotiate,sell your property. Aggravation of working with some people also adds up. In the end of the day it might appear to him /her that work for Mac Donal is better paying job than cut commission. Also you might be the"knowing everything" seller who is just wasting everybody's time. Fact that you are looking from start for low commission may indicate some future problems for an agent handling your property and some of us will stay way.
If you are too much into the mortgage to normally sell property there are solutions.
Find somebody sympathetic , truth full , to help you out.
Ask your friends for recommendations.
I wish you luck in this difficult for everybody time.
Luke,

I represent all clients throughout Metropolitan Chicago in the sale of their homes. I have over 7 years of experience and have sold over 250 homes since 2003. Check out my website and if you're interested in talking you can call or email me. Take care and best of luck.

Brent Wilk
Niego Real Estate
brentwilk@comcast.net
http://www.brentwilk.com
Luke,
I think your best bet is to call up three agents and have them come preview your house. Have these agents present you with what they will do to sell your house and see what their commission rate is. From here you will be able to decide which agent and commission works best for you. Good luck!

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Luke
There are many sellers asking for the same thing. The problem is that most sellers only know this question "I need a Realtor that will sell my home for the lowest possible commission. What do you charge?" That's it, that is the extent of their interview of the professional that they are going to trust to manage the sale of the most significant asset they own.

You might want to look at the link below. According to Trulia the average price per square foot declined 20% compared to a year ago. And the number of foreclosures exceeds the number of homes on the market...meaning more are coming on the market.

What does this mean to you?

1. You need a Realtor who know the market trends and can analyze your particular situation and give you options with pros and cons of each.
2. Time is not on your side - if you need to move, then for each month your property does not sell you are loosing 1.7% of it's value. That means if the average sales price is your home, about $275,000, you are loosing $4,500.
3. What you really need is a Realtor that can paint you a clear picture of what it is going to take to help you accomplish your goal - for example, can you move without selling and rent out your property? Do you absolutely have to move, or could you postpone/commute, or?

Ask each Realtor that you interview to provide you with a estimate of seller's net proceeds and a marketing plan. Then compare their proposals.

You should know that I monitor the performance of MLS Entry Only Brokers and discount brokers in my mls. Overall their performance has been as follows : more listings fail to sell (we use the term "expire")....about 50% more fail so sell, if they sell they take longer to sell and on average sell for about 2.3% less than those sold by full service Realtors.

Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hi Luke,

Lucid Realty provides full service and we offer discounted commission to our seller clients based on a sliding scale on the list price of the home. You get more than what you pay for by working with us. You see, we are in this business because we think its ineffective and that's why agents have to charge so much. We don't feel like we need to make a killing off of you either.

You can learn more about us and our philosophy by visiting our site - or feel free to give us a call at 877 582 4399 to find out what sort of discount we can offer you.

Sari
Lucid Realty
877 LUCID99
Web Reference: http://LucidRealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 1, 2009
I have been in this business more than 20 years and work most neighborhoods in the city and many of the suburbs, particularly on the North side. Please review my web site to get a better understanding for the options, both selling & buying, that I offer. Then we can talk if you have any questions.

philip sencer
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 1, 2009
Call 6 agents in your area....you will likely find 5 who will cut their commission without asking twice. Times are tough for agents, and just as you're likely in a buyer's market in your area and seller's are struggling, you're also in a consumer's market because agents are struggling.

When times get tough financially, people will work for less. Just a matter of economics.
Web Reference: http://www.phgbrokers.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 1, 2009