Home Selling in Croydon>Question Details

Joshua, Both Buyer and Seller in 19021

I'm looking for an experienced and aggressive agent to help sell my home in Croydon, PA. Any tips?

Asked by Joshua, 19021 Thu May 15, 2008

Answers

7
Dear Joshua,

I'm a former resident of Bensalem and still reside in Bucks County. The best way to find an agent to sell your home is to interview atleast 2 agents. While there are many variables to this question, choose someone that you feel comfortable with. It's a good idea to write down questions that are important to you and apply to your personal situation.

I'll be happy to discuss your situation and show you the importance of how to market your home for a successful sale, and getting you the highest amount of money in the shortest amount of time.

Jody Span
Real Estate Professional
Prudential Fox & Roach, Realtors
Main: 215-529-5000 ext. 5055
Direct: 215-888-3341
Email: Jody.Span@prufoxroach.com
http://www.JodySpanHomeSearch.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 28, 2008
Dear Joshua,

If you want experience and agressive, you have to ask just those questions.

1. Ask how many days on market their listings sit, vs. the area; and what their list to sell percentage is.
2. Ask how their marketing plan differs from everyone elses
3. Ask them the meaning of "agressive" in this market (see if it makes sense to you - your not an expert but you're not ignorant either!; see if it makes sense to you)
4. Get their credentials. Sometimes, more years doesn't always equate to experience
5. Ask them the average price of their listings; does it match your home price?
6. Make SURE you review the comparative market analysis thoroughly
7. If they have lots of initials (credentials) after their name, ask what they are and how they help you! They are not all applicable to sellers
8. Ask what percentage of their listings, sell (not necessarily by them - dual agency is not always good- but if they have only 40% of their listings, sell, that's not good); ask for proof
9. Ask if they have availibilty to relocation, or, where do their buyers come from?
10. Make sure you are comfortable with them.

Ok Joshua, after all that really good advice, and what other agents won't tell you, if you need help finding someone like this, e-mail me. Our office is the #1 franchise in the State, AND, I work with the #1 agent in the company!!! Your home is too foar for us to effectively help you, but, I can refer you, and I'll be honest. I won't tell you what you want to hear. I'll tell you what you should know.

Respectfully,

Sharon R. Otto, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Hearthside, Realtors
5895 Lower York Road - Peddler's Village
Lahaska, PA 18931
215-794-1070 x 106
s.otto@cbhearthside.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 22, 2008
Joshua
The biggest problem that most sellers have is that their Realtor fails to mee their expectations.

Defining your expectation in the interview process, and asking questions that will help you select the right Realtor, will help avoid frustration later.
I suggest making sure that in your first discussion with a Realtor you are able to find out the following:
1. Are they looking for another listing or are they serious about helping you achieve your goals. You need someone that will fight to get your home sold, not just stick a sign in the yard.
2. Do they have a plan that they can tailor to your situation? What results do they expect? What happens if they do not achieve those results?
3. How well do they negotiate? You need a tough negotiator to protect your equity. Ask them what happens if you receive a low offer?

Hope this helps. If you'd like a referral let me know. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 16, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hi Josh. I have a few suggestions for you. Interview several different agents from different companies. When looking for experience you want to ask how many "closed transactions" they had last year. Do they work on a team. If so find out how many were actually theirs. If they have 8 transactions but work on a team with 5 other agents they may not have really had any that were actually their own. Also ask for letters of recommendation and phone numbers of clients from last year you can call. Your looking for a recent active history and an agent that works full time. Part time agents cannot offer you the same service or availability to meet your needs. Compare marketing strategies and see who is going to get your home in front of more potential buyers. Internet marketing is crucial. Check out some websites for yourself and find out which companies respond best to your calls. Call and ask a question about one of their listings and see which ones give you fastest response. Decide which one you want responsible for taking calls on your home. You can also go to open houses and see which agents follow up with you afterwards. If you don't get a follow up call from them to see if you have any interest and if not why not then their probably not agressive enough for you. Talking to potential buyers after they have come to an open house is a great way to get feed back for you on how your house is showing and what if any problems buyers are having with it. Happy hunting. Debbie
Web Reference: http://www.dhaleyhomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 16, 2008
Joshua, If you have not yet selected an agent who is familiar with Croydon area...I am and would love to assist you. I can be reached on my cell 267-600-8405. My name is Tracy Robinson-Realtor, REALTY MARK, ofc 215-376-4444, ext 72
Joshua,
I will have to disagree with some of the comments here and would like to chime in. When I started in real estate, I was working full time. We're all human and need to support our families. I could receive emails on my phone, so wherever I was, I could return a phone call or an email immediately. Many times, I've ran into situations where I had to try to get in touch with a full time agent on multiple occassions, with no success.

A full time agent is great, but part time agents are not bad. When I was working part time, I was working 50 hours a week in real estate. Is that part time or full time?

Just make sure that you pick an agent that you're comfortable with. Someone who doesn't throw sales pitches at you and paint a colorful picture, but someone who you can talk to like a friend. It only takes one person to visit your house and fall in love with it, so the agent who has the most targetted marketing plan, should probably be your agent of choice. Your decision should not be based on how many hours the agent works, although they should be professional and ethical.

I hope this helps.
Hey Josh: This is a great question. Choose a full time agent. One that will give you customer service. Only choose an agent that calls you back right away. Choose an agent that gives full service, which is needed in thie market. Choose one that you are comfortable with, in helping you get through your largest transaction perhaps of your life. And also very important, choose one that is very experienced on the internet. Marketing your home on line is the key. Selling real estate in 2008 is all about great marketing on line. Folks from far away should be able to see you home without actually being there. Pictures, Pictures! So important! Call me ! see me on line! I would be happy to come to your home to show how our marketing plan can work for you! http://www.bradburyteam.com 215-526-6777 x 329 Don Bradbury visit my blog as well, the link is in my web site.
Web Reference: http://www.bradburyteam.com