Home Selling in Bronx>Question Details

Vanrooij, Home Seller in Bronx, NY

I'm interested in selling a recently inherited property in the Wakefield section of the Bronx to a builder. How do I get started?

Asked by Vanrooij, Bronx, NY Sat Dec 19, 2009

Answers

10
Good Morning to you
I am a Real Estate Broker that services North East Area for the past 10 years, my advise to you would be to have a few realtors give you a fair market analysis on the property, before you speak to an investor. If you are fimmiliar with the area and the property and have some ideas what a lot or property is worth you may want to take a chance, but my advice to you is in this market hire a Realtor to help you get the best possible price for your property. I hope this will help you a little if you need any other help we will be glad to give you a free market analysis to you.
Godd luck to you
Happy Hollidays to you and your family.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 19, 2009
Hello Vanrooij,

You should definitely get a market analysis of the property by 2 or 3 Realtors in order for you to get an idea of what the possible selling price could be of the home, a Realtor will give you a price taking in consideration the condition, location exc of the home. However Vanrooij do not limit yourself in selling your home only to a builder it is possible that your home may be of interest to other buyers. If you have any questions you can contact me and i would be happy to assist you.

Jovani Giron
Licensed Realtor
ERA Champions Realty
3602A E. Tremont ave
Bronx, NY,10465
(646)584-4467
JovaniGiron@gmail.com
Hey Vanrooij,

when you decide to sell a property, you first Interview real estate agents, talk to at least three neighborhood specialists. Ask each listing agent to give you a marketing plan that explains what they will do to market your home. In addition, ask the agents to prepare a comparative market analysis for you and ask each for advice about:

Preparing Your Home for Sale
Compare suggestions and consider accepting the most sound advice. Generally, you will want to move out bulky and excess furniture.

Repairs Before Selling
Not all resale repairs will pay off. You don't want to spend a lot of money making improvements but you do want to repair obvious maintenance issues, if any have been neglected.

Home Staging
You can hire a professional stager, ask your agent to help stage or stage it yourself. You will get more for your home if it is staged.

Home Pricing
Do not select an agent based on suggested sales price. Some will overbid each other to get the listing. But do not overprice. Homes that are overpriced often sell for less than market value.

Any questions you can all ways give me a call, i'll be more then happy to help you out.

Andrew Haxhiu
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Exit Realty Search
1660 E Gun Hill Road
Bronx, Ny 10469
Cell: (917)567-6544
Tell: (347)202-4965
Fax: (347)202-4966
Andrew@exitrealtysearch.com
http://www.SearchNyHome.com
You should always sell for the best possible price. . .builders' offers may be on the lower end. . . I suspect from the question that this is either a vacant lot or a home that is in major disrepair. . if you need a broker's opinion, feel free to contact me at 646-591-4478. Good Luck
Karina
Best of Luck!

Happy Hollidays to you and your family.

please visit me @ http://WWW.AVIVIDAS.COM
Web Reference: http://www.avividas.com/
Like all the other advices you need to do your homework, don't just want to sell to a builder or even an investor. Look at All your options like Anna and Sonny said get a professional in there a Realtor. Remember that a Realtor always looks out for your best interest.

Best of Luck!

Millie from Exit Realty Van Zandt
Visit my web site below and see if I can be of help.
Web Reference: http://PaulMVPteam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 20, 2009
Hi, I am Eddie Edwards, a Real Estate Broker that specialize in the, Wakefield section of the Bronx. I would be happy to represent you as a sellers agent and introduce you to current builders who are actively buying lots and old structures.

I would inform you as to what the CMV of this property is based on recent sales and hope you would offer it to the general public at large considering all offers inclusive of builders. If unable to get it sold within specific time frame for FMV you could consider to reduce the price again offering the property to all intrested parties.

You indicated that you recently inherited this property. Have the will been probated and are you the only heir to this property? How soon would you be be able to transfer title if a cash offer was made? An most importantly why would you want to only offer it to Builders?

You can contact me by email: eddie2eddieedwardsrealestate.com
If you don't plan on using a Realtor to help with the paperwork, now is the time to seek the help of an attorney who specializes in Real Estate--Do your homework on market value, so that a fair selling price can be determined.

Anna
I would recommend you talk with an agent or two and get a good idea of what the market value is first. You may need a lawyer there to help you with a contract