Home Selling in Bordersville>Question Details

Marie F, Home Seller in Bordersville, TX

I'm considering selling my home on my own with a Forsalbyowner listing. Does it get the same exposure as Trulia, Zillow and the other sites?

Asked by Marie F, Bordersville, TX Tue Dec 14, 2010

Answers

6
Not even close. The traffic that the site you mentioned gets less than 1/100th of the traffic that Trulia.com, Zillow.com, and Realtor.com see.
I'm placing my listings on more than 50 Internet search engines including the three mentioned above. FSBO.com will provide an internet presence, but won't get anything like the exposure that the main stream sites will provide. I can send you a comparission chart which shows the relative traffic if you like, just send me an e mail and I'll be happy to send it over.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 14, 2010
Dear Marie:
It takes more than a website to sell a home. It takes a marketeer who understads your home its target market and how to market to that target. The to go twelve steps further, it takes aTRealtor to get it closed. The minutia involved in a sale is far greater than placing an ad on a website.
A Realtor will sell a home for 7-10% higher than a FSBO which even after our fee for service puts more in your pocket at the end of the day. And without the aggavation!
Best of luck. If you need help please give me a call.
Jeff
Hi Marie,
Good luck with selling on your own.
Forsaleby owner gets much less exposure than the other 2 you mention
As an agent we do many things to "shove" buyers to see your house besides just entering a listing.
The proof is that about 70% of FISBOs wind up listing with a broker.At which time the house is old hat on the market.
Our sales success is so much better than a FISBOS
Contact me if you would like more info.
Murph
I would consider finding a broker who will take a nominal flat fee to get on your local MLS. You might be able to get some additional insights and consulting on an hourly basis. Know that you will be highly solicited by agents waiting for you to give up in frustration and hoping to pick up your listing. As simple as it sounds, understand that price is the key factor to selling your home above all else. You can have all the exposure in the world, but if you price incorrectly, it doesn't matter.

Go to http://www.compete.com to check and compare web traffic for yourself.

BeachBrokerBill
DRE#0175528
Keep in mind that some sites are more popular than others, therefore not sure you will maximize your exposure, by having your listing present on a by owner site(s), unless of course the site of choice also feeds into other real estate relates sites.
If by "same exposure" you mean will it be on the internet...the answer is yes. Will the same number of people see it, no. In my experience with buyers, many are reluctant to buy directly from owners because they do not receive ample disclosure about the condition of the property and feel they are not legally protected should the seller fail to disclose major defects. As a homeseller, choosing to not have appropriate representation by a licensed REALTOR to sell your home would be the equivalent of doing surgery on yourself instead of using a doctor. A good real estate agent will use the internet to market your home, but that should only be a part of their overall marketing plan.

Commissions are negotiable and a REALTOR doesn't earn a dime until the home settles. The financial risk is entirely on the real estate agent to sell your home. The safety risk to your and your family letting strangers into your home should never trump the potential financial savings. Just my two cents.