Emily, Home Seller in 33947

I'm a realtor in Florida and want to know if I can sell my own house to a family member without going through my broker

Asked by Emily, 33947 Sat Jun 12, 2010

Answers

10
This question is for your broker owner to answer, ask him/her, not the rest of us.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 12, 2010
Emily,

Hopefully you have such a relationship and trust with your broker that you can ask that question of them. Most independent contractor agreements that I have reviewed, include the guidelines and/or policy regarding a sales associate selling their own property. You may also want to ask how you would be legally protected selling your own home, whether it be on your own or with the broker. Agents selling their primary residence are often excluded from the broker's legal protection.

Kay Pearson
KayPearson@Keyes.com
There is no reason that you couldn't sell to anyone and not be required to "go through" your broker. Your employment agreement- if you have one- should address this issue.
I think we agree, he should be able to - but I think the agreement needs to be reviewed.
Emily,

Indeed you can sell your own home as a FSBO....in doing so, be certain not to create a connection between your personal activity and the agency for which you work.
Of course you can. You should talk to your broker about the policy in place. If the property is not listed and no commission is involved- I see no problem.
Emily,

You have the same property rights as anyone else. Yes you can FSBO your property. Just wright up a contract and hire an atty. or title company to close.

I have asked this same question.

Debra Albert, PA
Coldwell Banker Residential
Web Reference: http://www.ronanddebbie.net
Most likely you can, if not listed.

However, as everyone suggests, read your contractors agreement.

John
How can any of us answer this question without knowing your Broker rules and agreement you signed?
Take a look at your employment agreement with your broker. Then ask your broker.