Home Selling in Indiana>Question Details

Andi.l.burton, Home Buyer in Jeffersonville, IN

I'm a home seller. We literally put a son in the yard and sold the house in a couple of days. The whole process was a breeze. Now we are 51 days

Asked by Andi.l.burton, Jeffersonville, IN Tue Jun 18, 2013

into the sale, and the house has not closed. The buyers have a USDA loan. As of two days ago the loan had not even been sent to USDA for final approval. We have been given three closing dates. We are at the end of our rope. We will be moving in a few days, and now we are being told another month. We are now dealing with two house payments. What can we do? Is it normal for things to take this long? We also don't have a realtor, and their mortgage broker gives us one answer and them another. I'm an absolute wreck from this mess.

Answers

2
I'm saying "RED ALERT!" Something is wrong here. No file should take that long to get through underwriting.

The lender either knows what is going on and isn't telling you or they're incompetent. Simple. Either way, not good for you

Another piece of good news: USDA turn times here locally are 16 BUSINESS days. Those turn times vary from state to state. Even when/if it gets to USDA, you still have a long way to go.
I am really sorry to hear about your problems.........apparently it wasn't such a "breeze" afterall, as finding a buyer is just a small part of the entire process.

You are finding that out the hard way.

Perhaps you should reach out to a real estate attorney as it's a little late for help from a realtor now.....I am not being rude, but selling a home on your own takes real preparation and knowledge of the entire process - not just a sign in the yard......you need to be informed about the potential problems that could occur.

Of course you're a wreck - you have no one to turn to who is on your side or guiding you.

I wish you good luck, and I hope it turns out well for you.

ps there were times I wanted to put my "son in the yard", too, and I wasn't selling a house!