Trixie Brown, Both Buyer and Seller in Oklahoma

I'm FSBO a lovely brick home/great area- needs interior paint/carpet etc but has 1/2 acre 640sqft attached garage RV parking, how do I value

Asked by Trixie Brown, Oklahoma Tue Apr 16, 2013

this?

Answers

18
Trixie, I agree with all of the realtors answers, however, I also understand the concern about valuing a property in which the price includes the value of the land, landscaping, or other additions that would not be included in the price per sq ft of the home itself. I would definitely ask a licensed and experienced realtor, but insist upon including the value of all the property involved.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 5, 2014
Hi Trixie,

Prices vary greatly from one area of town to the next...even from neighborhood to neighborhood within a half mile area so there is no general answer to your question. If you are a type A personality and hell bent on listing yourself then use the county assessor to come up with recent sales prices in your area and take a stab at your home's worth.

The problem with this is that you cannot see pics and therefore cannot determine if the sales are actual comps (do you have formica and they have granite or marble in the bathrooms? has your kitchen been updated and theirs has not? etc). As Realtors, we pay a fairly hefty fee to be a part of the MLS so that we can have access to the non-public information that helps us to create a comparative market analysis based on an apples to apples comparison.

If you don't have a lot of traffic after you put it on the market, you are either priced too high or not highly visible to buyers. The benefit of using a Realtor is that we can directly market you to the 3000+ metro Realtors and their buyers who are set up to receive auto-notification immediately upon listing and we can list it at the RIGHT price which will likely net you more than you will make as a FSBO. Additionally, you will not have to worry about taking pics, marketing, running home from work to show to potential buyers, etc. Try your way for 3 weeks and if you have less than a dozen showings, do yourself a favor and research Realtors in your area or call me and I can direct you to someone who is knowledgeable in your area if I am not.

Best of luck to you!

Michelle Foy
Verbode
405-365-5320
michelle@buygreenokc.com
Web Reference: http://buygreenokc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 16, 2013
Trixie, any updates? Have you closed?
Trixie,

I also agree with most of the realtors, pricing your home yourself can be a bit tricky. There are lots of things to consider including square footage, area, condition of your home etc. I would be happy to work up the comps for you.

Best of Luck !

Sharon Castles
Agent at Metro First Realty of Edmond
Edmond, OK
(405) 592-4747
Are you under contract yet?
Trixie,
Be careful looking at the assessor site for your value. It is usually not dead on. You can look at recent sales in your area on their site, but it is better not to guess. If you would like, I can run some comps for you. Give me a call 405-562-0237
Cool, be sure to take a newspaper ad out.
You can find comps on Zillow.com in similar houses to be sold or similar sales. And a price per square foot for the neighborhood.
Zillow isn't the best place to look for comps. Definetly speak with a local agent/broker in your area, instead of relying on GPS tax data mapping.
Flag Thu May 15, 2014
check neighborhoodiq(dot)com , it will give you a very close estimate and recent nearby sold houses that you can compare
You may want to notify an appraiser, that would have many advatages.
If you are selling on your own look into you r county assessor and look at comparable sales or use other webite to get a starting point. Please be realisitic and try to stay objective with your pricing. If you want to sell you really need to be competitive. I have seen too many FSBO that say I know it is kind of high but I can reduce later... Big mistake!! Price it rght from the start to get serious Buyers attention, consult a proffesional, a consultation is always free. many real estate agents respect yuor desire to sell on your own but are there as a back up if plans dont work out. You can Call me anytime at 405-812-5507
You always want a sales professional to come out to look at your property. This way an accurate market evaluation can be done to establish waht the market value is and to also determine what repairs, if any need to be done or if the home can be sold in "AS IS" condition.

One of the most important factors I deal with is trying not to spend the clients money unless it is absolutely necessary. Buyer's want to beat you down on the price, then ask for things like closing costs and a home warranty and then on top of that, repairs.

Be informed so that you maximize the amount of money you will walk away with. Just recently I listed a home in south Oklahoma City that an appraiser said was worth $210,000.00. I listed it for $225,000 and sold it for $221,000. The total time from list to close was 23 days.

If you're interested in results like this, I would love to visit with you at your convenience.

Russell Benson, REALTOR®
Prudential Alliance Realty
405-378-4442
rbenson@okcrealtors.com
http://www.RealEstateOKC.com
Email me the address at Josh@JoshBarnettOKC.com
Web Reference: http://www.GetSoldOKC.com
I would be happy to meet with you to give you a FREE markey analysis. I can then discuss the advantages of using a realtor or marketing the house yourself. I can also share some of my marketing techniques with you. Talking to me may help you sell your house.

When would you like to meet?

Carolyn Sims
Keller Williams Elite
405-808-7922
Web Reference: http://www.csimshomes.com
Good evening:

You need to sign with a Realtor and get a CMA, whether you use me or any of the other Realtors, we are professionals and we do our job and in most cases we will get you more money for your home than you can by your self,

If you do not want to do that call a licensed Appraisor:

John Phillips
You should contact a licensed realtor to get a CMA or you can pay for an appraisal.
You need a comparative-market analysis from the mls. I might sctualy have a buyer; what area of okc are you in, and what size is your home?
Call me, I may be able to help you!

Lesa McDonald. Kevo Properties. 405-420-4518
Hi Trixie,
I'll look up your address this afternoon and see what I can find. Thank you for your response. I'm sorry your realtor wasn't able to sell it for you! I'll let you know what I find.
Take care,
Lesa
Flag Wed Apr 17, 2013
Hi, it's 2424 S Sycamore Ave OKC OK 73128 and I've had more calls on it posting it myself on Craigslist for a couple weeks than I had leaving it to a Realtor for the previous 6 months. If I understand correctly the comps consist of 1308sqft house times the average sale price per sqft of all the neighboring foreclosures. This doesn't take into account the RV parking, 640sqft attached garage, or near 1/2 acre of land it sits on. The inside does need paint/carpet plus nicer cabinets probably and the roof is fine but has 3 layers of shingles on it. It does have it's negatives for sure but it has a lot of positives too though I can't seem to find an agent that can do anything other than the above mentioned arithmetic problem.
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
You'll need to look at the comps in your area. This will determine market value.
Give me a call if you need help

Bridgett Wells
Keller Williams Realty Elite
651-9320
Bridgettwells@kw.com