George, Home Seller in 21502

I love Craftsman-style houses, do you? I have one for sale in historic Cumberland, MD, mountains and valleys,

Asked by George, 21502 Sun Mar 16, 2008

low cost of living, low crime, easy access to major metro areas, contact me.

Answers

4
Geroge
Trulia is not really set up for sellers to advertise listings this way. I think you'd have more effective results in placing your home on fsbo.com or owners.com if that is your plan.

You should know that the vast majority of sellers that start selling on their own eventually obtain professional representation because they cannot sell by themselves. In the current market I recommend talking with a Realtor so you do not lose any time in the spring market.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
George,
Keith is right on several points. Probably not the best forum for marketing your home.
Zillow is another place some homeowners start if they haven't chosen a Realtor yet.
Data shows that national averages reflect that only 7% of homes that start out as a FSBO (for sale by owner) actually sell as a FSBO.
Keith is right that you should consider carefully if you want the risk of missing market time without representation and the assistance of a real estate professional.
Frequently selling as a FSBO prevents you from pricing properly and getting access to many marketing opportunities that will help you sell quickly and at the right price.
If you still think this is your best approach, perhaps because you're in a market that is red hot...
then at least consider consulting with a real estate attorney so you don't get into trouble with your paperwork during the transaction.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 16, 2008
Hey George...(again)...I hate to bust your bubble...but I think your Braddock Rd is way over priced....man, I hope you've either done your research, or bought cheap enough...ouch. I certainly wish you the best and hope it sells nonetheless...
Thanks Keith and Zachary. Good advice for the average seller. I'm flipping, have a lawyer and ample marketing experience. I'm listing my FSBO everywhere I can and everywhere I think people looking to buy will find it. I'd be happy to work with a buyer's agent. If you have a client looking for value in a low cost of living area with low crime, great quality of life, scenic environment, and easy access to major metro areas, contact me. Thanks, again...