Home Selling in Springfield>Question Details

Leah, Both Buyer and Seller in Springfield, IL

I live right next to Memorial hospital on 1st St. I know they are slowly buying up the houses for the expansion. I really want to buy a smaller

Asked by Leah, Springfield, IL Sat Aug 21, 2010

house than what I am in. I'm wondering if I should I sell now or wait for them to come knocking?

Answers

3
Hello Leah,
The Medical District is growing quite rapidly. However,that doesn't mean that they will be knocking on doors to acquire land, as to expand. For example, the solution for mor parking was to take what they already had and build up.
Leah your selling now may be a good idea as interest rates are down and buyers are taking advantage of those prices while they can. That also applies to you when you purchase your next home. And as our economy becomes more stable those rates will raise.
Leah if you any real estate questions or concerns please feel free to call me(217-553-1065).
Thanks and take care!
Web Reference: http://dorisjbailey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 22, 2010
Yes. I don't really know if the hospital is in the market right now to buy more homes. It may happen years down the road but that is very hard to know when that may be. Let me know if you would like us to come take a look at your home to let you know what it may be worth. Also, if you are looking to buy something, we can help you there as well. Interest rates are crazy low right now.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 21, 2010
Most recent sales have been to investors buying to rent to med students. Don't think hospital is in the market right now. With record low interest rates now could be a good time to sell & buy. Have a listing on 1st right now, have had a number of showings but no legitimate offers yet.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 21, 2010