Carol Girt, Both Buyer and Seller in 807 N. Oakland, Indy

I live on Oakland Ave. just south of 10th St. in Indy. What are the chances of selling my 1926 home?

Asked by Carol Girt, 807 N. Oakland, Indy Sun May 18, 2008

New roof, fairly new furnace, 2 bedrooms 1 bath, basement, air conditioning

Answers

3
Home sales are always market driven.Price, condition/location and time are the factors to consider. How you arrive at your sale is determined how these variables are manipulated. Think of a triangle, one point being price, another point being condition/location, the third being time. You want top price, better have great location, condition, and enough time to market it. Got bad location, better have great pricing and time to marlket. Want quick sale? Better have a low price and great condition/location. How you arrive at a sale is always a combination of these variables. I would ask what are your objectives? Do you want a quick sale? Do you want top dollar? Is your hame a model home, or does it need work? These are the questions you should be asking to determine if you have a realistic chance of selling your home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 18, 2008
Hi Carol -

There's a buyer for every home! Although your area has weak sales, it is always about price, condition and location, therefore the price has to be in line for the condition and location of the home.

I'd be happy to assist you in determing a value which best represents what is happening in your area, so you can make an educated decision about how to proceed.

Paula
Selling a home in todays market requires three things.
1. The home be in excellent condition.
2. The home be priced properly when it goes on the market.
3. A hardworking agent with a proven marketing plan to expose your home to the market effectively.