Aliciap1214, Home Seller in West Sacramento, CA

I live in the States Streets area and considering selling my home. Is this a good time, or should I wait until year end?

Asked by Aliciap1214, West Sacramento, CA Wed Apr 25, 2012

I see that some similar homes are reselling for an increase of $40K.

My home is a 950 sq ft. 2 bed, 1 bath with lots of upgrades: new CH&A, new roof, new landscaping (front yard) with sprinkler system, remodeled bath and kitchen (with great room concept), enlarged closets, beautiful backyard, whole house fan, fans through-out house, hardwood floors, etc.

Answers

7
Hi Alicia, if you can hold off you are going to get more money as time marches on. Since mid January my charts started to move north, with some homes up nearly $35,000. I don't see this pattern changing for a couple of years, this whole real estate market fell so far so fast, we were due for a quick uptick in pricing. We are poised to see a nice run thru out the rest of the year, so if your situation permits, hang in there, and enjoy the ride.
Alicia I have lived in West Sacramento my whole life and have sold more homes in the last 11 years than anyone. I think one of the reasoins for this was I told people the truth about their situation, and it seems you are in no hurry. We all took a beating in the last 4 years, let the market catch up a little...we are just getting started
.
Perry Palamidessi 425-1270
Exclusive Realty
1102 Jefferson Blvd.
West Sacramento
It seems that most of the $40K increase in value to your home is from the upgrades and remodeling that you put in. Even with everything you have already done, it is usually a good idea to get a wood destroying organism and pest report, and inspect your home for health and safety items that might get called later by an appraiser during a sale. Inventory of homes is low now, compared to demand, especially for non-distressed property, so that makes this a sellers market now. Prices often rise when the demand exceeds the supply.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
It's an excellent time to sell, depending upon your circumstances. It's a very competitive market and buyers are making strong offers. I have several buyers looking in this area. No one sells more homes in the State Streets than I do, so if I can help, please let me know. Cari Hendricks, Broker Associate, Keller Williams
Summertime is typically the busier season for real estate as many families are looking to move in time before the school year starts. Again, it really depends on your situation and the property. I specialize in West Sacramento so if you would like me to do a detailed estimate for your home value contact me and I will be glad to do that.

Max
If you are planning to sell, I think this is a very good time. The market is active with buyers out there looking right now. Inventory of homes is pretty low. Interest rates are great, and that has fueled buyer activity. Interest rates will go up as the economy strengthens. I don't think it will be a rapid rise, but it will go up. I don't see that waiting until the end of the year will bring you any advantage.
Hi Alicia,

Right now is a great time to sell your home. Inventory is the lowest I have seen in years so we are seeing multiple offers on nearly every listing. If the banks start to release more homes later in the year then this trend could slow down. I would be more than happy to meet with you out at your home and discuss the market. My office is here in West Sac and I specialize in the area, where nearly 85% of my sales come from. I have been the number one selling agent in West Sacramento for the last two years. Please feel free to call or email me (916) 834-7003 Chris@capwestrealty.com.
Hi Alicia,

It sounds like you have a fabulous, and very desirable home! I always have buyers looking specifically for a "non-fixer" in the state streets so I'm sure you would receive some very competitive offers. I live and work in West Sac and would be more than happy to meet with you anytime just to explain what the selling process would look like, what comparable properties are listed/selling for, etc. Do you have a loan on the property? If so, we would look at how much is owed on your loan to determine if you would be able to sell the property and pay off the loan for a profit, or if you would need to go the "short sale" route if you owe more than what you could potentially sell the home for.

Again, feel free to call me at (530) 828-9746 or email: Lindsay@GoLyon.com, and I would be more than happy to meet with you just to talk through your options and give you some ideas on pricing...no pressure! :)