Home Selling in Austintown>Question Details

Sally, Home Seller in Austintown, OH

I live in the Austintown area. Do I have any chance of even selling my house? The neighborhood is really

Asked by Sally, Austintown, OH Thu Mar 5, 2009

great, though a few houses have not sold. One house they took off the market, the other I think hasn't sold yet. I need to move this year or next b/c my husband wants to go to school in another state, and the only that is holding us back is whether I can sell the house. I don't know if I should try to sell or rent or what I should do :(

Answers

4
As a prospective buyer I would say sell. My husband and I have been looking for two months now. A lot of homes that we have seen are in desperate need of repair so that is why many are not selling. We are an older couple trying to move in to a great community like Austintown. If your home is not in need of repairs or updates by all means put it up for sale.
Sally:

My advise to you is? Are you planning to move to another state? You can not worry about your street or your neighborhood if your home is going to sell. If you are planning to move and no for sure that your husband is moving to another state for school then it looks like you have made that decision.
But don't ever get discourage with the neighborhood. Before you decide to sell keep these few list in mind:

1. Start de-cluttering your home
2. Paint all neutral colors throughout
3. Remove everything from kitchen counters
4. Less furniture in home is always better
5. Staging is great!
6. Great curb appeal!!
7. Price the home right
8. Start searching and interviewing at few brokerage (Agents)companies
9. Make sure your home is being marketed, example: web site, magazine, open houses.

All homes sell some quicker than others, but most homes sell if the price is right and Location! But stay positive and good luck on what you decide.

Warmest regards,
Maria Cutrona
REMAX VALLEY REAL ESTATE
(330) 550-7002
Web Reference: HTTP://WWW.MARIACUTRONA.COM
Since you stated you need to sell this year or next, my advice would be to try and sell. With the new 1st time homebuyers tax credit, it would be wise to give it a shot. (with hubby in school, it might be difficult maintaining your home as a rental) Making sure your home stands out among the competition, i.e., neutral paint color, simple staging, and being priced right will help increase buyer traffic to your property! I would be happy to assist you further :-)
Sally
In a buyer's market, in this economy, your home needs to scream
"You would be crazy not to buy me!!!"

If you don't need to sell, then don't.
If you need to move, then rent.

Otherwise, stay put.
It's simple.

Needs versus wants....right out of kindergarten.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA