My advise to you is? Are you planning to move to another state? You can not worry about your street or your neighborhood if your home is going to sell. If you are planning to move and no for sure that your husband is moving to another state for school then it looks like you have made that decision.
But don't ever get discourage with the neighborhood. Before you decide to sell keep these few list in mind:
1. Start de-cluttering your home
2. Paint all neutral colors throughout
3. Remove everything from kitchen counters
4. Less furniture in home is always better
5. Staging is great!
6. Great curb appeal!!
7. Price the home right
8. Start searching and interviewing at few brokerage (Agents)companies
9. Make sure your home is being marketed, example: web site, magazine, open houses.
All homes sell some quicker than others, but most homes sell if the price is right and Location! But stay positive and good luck on what you decide.
REMAX VALLEY REAL ESTATE
In a buyer's market, in this economy, your home needs to scream
"You would be crazy not to buy me!!!"
If you don't need to sell, then don't.
If you need to move, then rent.
Otherwise, stay put.
Needs versus wants....right out of kindergarten.