Home Selling in Malvern>Question Details

Peyton, Home Seller in Malvern, PA

I live in ronnie park in paoli. we are going to put our home on the market in approx. 1 or 2 months. i have

Asked by Peyton, Malvern, PA Tue Aug 18, 2009

noticed some homes in our neighborhood sell within a month, while others have been on the market for almost a year. i am relocating to another state and need to sell fast. any suggestions?

Answers

10
Sean Dawes’ answer
Peyton,

Just wanted to chime in and explain the "buy your home for cash" offers you will see.

Some realtors use this in mailings and basically what happens is they will present you with an offer but it will be .50 cents on the dollar. Meaning they will offer you much less than ask price so then they either use it as an investment or flip it to a buyer for a profit.

I suggest you make sure your home is presented nicely and price it right but not significantly less than market value.

Sean Dawes
In order to sell, your house needs to be adequately prepared (staged), priced appropriately, and promoted effectively. If you need to sell fast make sure you address all three! Most buyers want a house that is updated and move in ready. Homes in our area are selling if they meet those criteria.
Move up to any one of my homes and I'll buy yours for cash! http://www.GuaranteeToday.com

Just one of the many seller and buyer benefits that we may be able to provide you with.

If you would like a no obligation consultation and a free market analysis of your home feel free to contact me.
Good Evening Peyton,

Congratulations on your upcoming move! There are a few key items to remember when listing your home, many of them mentioned here. First of all price...it will be very important that your Realtor carefully reviews all of the comps and explains to you how they are determining their suggested listing price. More than likely the homes in your neighborhood that have sold quickly were in good condition and/or priced according to market conditions. You also want to be sure to be aware of the competition. For example if a client of mine is listing their home in Malvern for 325,000 I want to be sure they have information on all homes listed in the 300,000 to 350,000 range as this will probably be the range potential buyers will be looking at. This will allow you to understand where your home stands. Your Realtor should provide you with updates detailing homes that have sold and are newly on the market.

Another issue to be taken care of is condition and staging of your home. You want to be sure that all clutter is removed. This includes too much furniture in one room, that table in the kitchen that holds the bills :) You should have a complete inside and outside cleaning done including windows, molding, floors, walls if necessary and especially bathrooms and kitchen. A home that shows uncluttered and sparkling clean will sell quickly if priced appropriately. Painting should also be considered if necessary and earth colors are very appealing to buyers at this time. Large colored pots out front of your home, one on either side of the door with greens will bring the potential buyers' eye to that area. If it fits with the whole scheme your front door should be painted red, a very powerful color.

Most importantly choose a full time Realtor who will take the time to answer your questions and to be honest with you. One who can sell your home quickly by pricing it correctly without letting others know that you need to "sell fast". Extensive marketing should be completed! Your agent should be close to your home which will make them available to show your home to potential clients on a regular basis. You should feel completely comfortable with your Realtor as you are hiring them to work for YOU!

I wish you the best of luck! I live 7 minutes from Paoli and I am regularily there. If I can answer any questions for you please let me know.

Jennifer Daywalt, Realtor
Re/Max Results Realty
Top Agent 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Author of "Ask The Realtor" in the Saturday Edition of The Phoenix
610-999-7693 Direct Line
610-489-7355 Main Office
Sellinghomesjenn@aol.com
Hi Peyton,

Relocating to another state? What a really exciting and potentially stressful time for you!

You mention that you are planning on putting your home on the market in 1-2 months. Thats great!
That is just about enough time to get all the preliminary work done in preparation to listing your home.
Start by interviewing 3 agents. Yes, you heard me right. I am not telling you to just hire me. I am though
suggesting that you include me in your list of three. :) Look for a top rated agent who is affiliated with a broker with strong market presence and recognition along with a world class reputation and a team of great affiliated services. Remember, it takes a villiage to raise a child. Look for a successful agent who understands the current market; is computer and internet savvy ( as that is where 96% of people begin and continue their home search) ; has a proven marketing plan and the energy to put it into action; an agent who understands your time frame and the current market trends and works along side you to sell your home in the shortest time and for the best price the market can bear. That is who I would want if I were selling my home. ( which I am, and I AM my agent!)

Please visit my website at http://www.linninnishomes.com for more information about me, my testimonials and my marketing style. When you are ready to interview, I would love to hear from you!
Also, would love to discuss my insights regarding Ronnie Park and the current market there at your convenience! You may reach me at 484-678-9988 or via e mail at lninnis@cbpref.com

Just a few last words:

As you know in this market, price and condition are key! Also, don't wait too long and miss out on the fall market here. I would aim to get your home on the market by the third week in September at the latest!
Spend the next couple weeks getting your home in tip -top condition. De-clutter. Pack up things you are going to have to pack up anyway and put out of sight or in a storage bin. There is no time to waste. Your home should be show ready the day you sign that listing contract. Lin's Boot Camp For Sellers!
Best of Luck !

Lin Ninnis Realtor ABR
Coldwell Banker Preferred
390 Waterloo Blvd Suite 101
Exton, PA 19061
All great answers, Peyton. In the end it"s price. why? Because the price in the end should reflect the attractiveness of your place. Today, a nice place should sell faster but not necessarily for more money. Yes, I know that's hard to digest but today it's almost as if we were in a different Century from just 3 years ago when it comes to Real Estate.
Hi There Peyton:

I’ll sum it up for you in a few words: “It’s a Price War and a Beauty Contest!”

Those that grasp that concept early in the process have a much easier time selling their home.

Best Wishes for a Successful Move!

John (John B.) Badalamenti, CRS, ABR, SRES
Associate Broker
Certified Residential Specialist/Relocation Specialist
Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS – Wayne
610-688-4310 Office
610-341-4832 Direct
johnb@subphillyhomes.com Email
http://www.MainLineHomeZone.com Web 1
http://www.SubPhillyhomes.com Web 2
Hi Peyton. Great question! Three things impact the sale of a home: 1. price (your home needs to be priced "right" in light of present market conditions, location, etc.); 2. condition of your home (is your home "staged" for sale? that is, is it de-cluttered, neutralized, etc.?); and 3. the work ethic of your Realtor!:)

About the latter: if your home is in a good location, is cleaned out, neutralized (paint, flooring, etc.) and is priced right (that is, aggressively based upon comparables homes in your area), the other huge variable in getting it sold is your Realtor's ability to get your listing SEEN by potential buyers? The latest statistics indicate that well over 85% of buyers find their home on the INTERNET! As a result, maximizing your listing's Internet presence is of critical importance to getting your home SOLD.

If you haven't yet hired a Realtor to represent you in selling your home, I'd love to chat with you and show you how my aggressive marketing plan can make the difference between selling your home quickly . . . as opposed to having your home languish on the market for a long time. I always recommend that sellers interivew 2-3 Realtors and choose the one you believe has the experience, responsiveness, integrity and MOTIVATION to work hard for you!

Feel free to call me direct at (610) 324-5240 to discuss your needs or, if you prefer, you can find out more about my services at http://www.JudysFineHomes.com (as well as my profile here on Trulia at: http://www.trulia.com/profile/judymay/). It would be my pleasure to help you in any way that I can!:)

Good luck and blessings to you...........

Warmly,
Judy

Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR
"A Refreshingly Different Real Estate Experience"
http://www.JudysFineHomes.com
Judy.May@Century21.com

CENTURY 21 Alliance
2828 Audubon Village Dr
Audubon PA 19403
O: (610) 666-0202 x. 226
C: (610) 324-5240 (preferred)
F: (610) 666-1942
Peyton,

Homes that are priced right to start sell the fastest. Hire a Realtor that will back up their suggested pricing with the facts, sold prices, time on market, present competition. It is a Buyer's market and Buyers are not overpaying. You/we are forunate. We live in an area were home priced right do sell.
Peyton,

Key is to price the home right and find a realtor who can hustle their butt off for you. Some owners try and do it themselves and save the commission but having a person in the field handling this for you is key.

Best of luck and if you want to discuss this further, shoot me an email sean.dawes@longandfoster.com

I have properties in philly, mont and bucks county

Sean Dawes
Long and Foster Real Estate