Home Selling in Levittown>Question Details

Helen, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I live in connecticut and do to financial difficulties had to put my home up for sale - things are tough and

Asked by Helen, New York, NY Tue Oct 21, 2008

so I am thinking outside the box and heard an idea that caught my attention. I have heard of a few people
trying to sell their homes on a lottery basis. Not sure how to get this going but imagine putting up a thousand
dollars on the chance of winning a house. I guess i am looking for a real estate agent to take the adventure
with me and work out the legalities. If you are out there and want to take the challenge I would love to hear
your ideas. I certainly need a good cash flow to keep my family together and going forward in these
terribly rough times. Thanks Helen

Answers

4
Helen:

Why is this posted in the Levittown, PA section?
Carol has given you great advice. You may want to Auction it instead .Always check state laws and get legal advice.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
Hello, Helen,

You may need some type of auctioneer license to do this, so please protect yourself and get legal counsel as well as check with the state regulatory authorities. A FSBO is one thing. When you create a "lottery" you are now definitely going down a different bath.

I am assuming that your home is in PA, is that correct? Perhaps in Levittown? If you thought you could actually get the job done and make more by working with me would that be worth a conversation to you? If so, I would be glad to speak with you. You can contact me at your convenience.

Carol Cei
Prudential Fox and Roach Realtors
215-643-9661
carol.cei@prufoxroach.com
I think I read once upon a time in our PA Assoc of Realtors newsletter that that is not legal. I'm curious to know what you find out about it. Please keep us updated if you go forward with it or what you learn about it.

Kelly Gidzinski
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
Servicing Delaware County Area