Home Selling in Moss Bluff>Question Details

Gina, Home Seller in Moss Bluff, LA

I live in a doublewide on a 1/2 acre lot. I had an appraisal done two years ago (when we refinaced).I never saw it util now and the apprasier did not

Asked by Gina, Moss Bluff, LA Wed Feb 3, 2010

measure my home correct. Our sq. ft. is 1800 and he showed 1487. How much could I expect the value difference to be?

Answers

3
Compare the 2 reports identify where sq. ft. left off . Many assume the screened porch counts, must be anything under the HVAC

Not reviewing difference take the appraised sq ft divide by the appraised value to come up with difference between the two

Lynn911
The only appraisal that can be used needs to be six(6) months or less. Don't get your hopes up too much..stay conservative with the numbers...ie, expect the value to hopefully be the same and not too much less.

Follow Anna's advice..find a Realtor to help you first...they can best determine actual solds that are closer to what your place is currrently worth without you putting out $300 to $500 to hire an appraiser.
Web Reference: http://iansellsnola.com
Keep in mind the appraisal done two years ago has no baring on today's market--to get an idea of today's market, why not contact any realty office(s) and ask for comps-- recently closed similar properties in the immediate area--after reviewing the data you can make a determination--the information is free-- or you may wish to pay and hire a professional appraiser.