Home Selling in Bastrop>Question Details

Krystal Tuck…, Both Buyer and Seller in Bastrop, TX

I live in TX and I am currently filling out a Seller's disclosure notice, but I have some odd questions.

Asked by Krystal Tucker, Bastrop, TX Wed Apr 17, 2013

1.I have a deck so I checked (yes), Would i also check yes for a patio? 2. Portable storage building, I have a metal one, but it has been bolted down into concrete. Would it still be considered portable? 3. Roof attic vents...do mobile homes have those? It asks about driveways..mine is rock. Is it still considered having an actual driveway? Outbuildings...would that be my "portable" storage building? Retaining walls..previous occupants put a linear pile of rocks behind septic tank. Would this be considered a retaining wall? Underground electrical lines??? How should I know? I would ask my realtor these questions. However, I read a post about how the realtor should never assist with this form. There are so many more things on this form that I feel like need to be written out in lamens terms. Not everyone knows what all of these things even are. Sorry, I just don't know??

Answers

3
Bill Eckler-Florida,’s answer
Krystal,

A realtor not assisting is intended to mean not filling it out for the individual but it's acceptable to help them with issues like the one's you have pointed out. Since your agent has seen the property and has the ability to visit it, they would be the best source for accurate information.

My advice is fill it out to the best of your ability from the knowledge you have. If the buyers or the buyers agent want to inquire more they will let that be known.
You want to answer to the best of your ability.
You are right, some people may have different views of the same questions.
You are right realtors should not assist you with the form.
You might ask a friend, family member, or neighbor to assist you.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX