Home Selling in Wilsonville>Question Details

Penelope, Home Buyer in Wilsonville, OR

I live about five miles outside the city of Wilsonville OR. We own a house on two acres with a barn and

Asked by Penelope, Wilsonville, OR Tue Jun 10, 2008

shop.
The house was built in the early 70's but has been remodled in the early 1990's.
Any suggestions for a competitive price?
The house is about 3000 sq ft.
The property is flat with some wooded areas and fenced.
Most of the homes in the area are hobby farms with five or more acres.

Answers

8
Hi Penelope,

Quoting a price without looking at the property would be doing you a disservice.
There are many factors that go into setting a listing price for a home and the condition of the property ranks right up there in the top 1 or 2. Location - on a busy road, next to a warehouse, or in the middle of million dollar homes also can make your listing price go up or come down.
Thats why to get a realistic answer requires a visit to the property and some homework!

In addition to the home - there are also condition of the land, wells and services to the property to take into consideration when pricing.
So - having said that, its best to get someone with experience with properties with land to visit and do a comparitive market analysis.

I've listed properties and represented buyers in acreage properties in the stafford triangle. I'd be happy to do some homework for you!

Cricket Forsey
Specializing in SW Portland
Keller Williams Realty Portland Premiere
503-515-1217
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 10, 2008
Penelope,

I will be in Wilsonville again tonight showing a property, would you like me to drive by and give you any idea?
Without getting a visual and feel for your property it would not be a fair guess what a good price would be.
Just let me know and I will swing by your property and get back with in the morning.

David Waite-JLSMC
503-887-5323 or waite-david@msn.com
Hi Penelope,
Your property sounds lovely. I live and work in Wilsonville and know the area well. I would be happy to do a market analysis for you. As others have said, I will need to take a look at the property to give you an accurate opinion. Feel free to call or email.

Laurie Essig
503.816.1840
LaurieEssig@Windermere.com
Penelope
I am amazed at the Realtors that can quote a price without ever seeing your property.
IMHO it takes three things:
1. They need to know your property
2. Know your local market
3. Know your personal situation.

Rather than posting a questioni on Trulia, ask three Realtors. We don't bite. Evaluate their responses and select accordingly. There are quite a few questions and answers regarding "how to select a Realtor" that might be helpful.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Your home is in the $500K to $700K Range but beyond knowing that we would have to see it or come out and see the property. If the range is $625 K to $675K than you want to be at the lower end at $639,900.

Without seeing I can not do much more.

Tell you what if you email me the address I will do an online CMA and Google Earth Analysis and give you a feel for what the price really is.

My email is dirkknudsen@gmail.com .

Best wishes;

Dirk Knudsen
503-799-8383

#1 Rated Re\Max Team in Oregon
Web Reference: http://www.nwhomcenter.com
Penelope,

You will need to have an agent (or two or three!) do a market analysis for you. Be sure to ask them if they work in the area, specialize in country property, and understand the quirks of selling a home in the country.
If you hire an agent to list it, make sure they really know what they're doing! An agent who typically sells subdivision homes isn't going to have the expertise to know the pitfalls of selling a country property and how to prevent problems. If you decided to try to sell yourself, make sure to do some target marketing. I'd be happy to explain further.

Julie Fugate
Principal Broker
Keller Williams Realty Southwest Portland
(503)522-1900
Could be mid-$400's, up to $700K, depending on location (Stafford, Ladd Hill, Butteville?), condition of home, barn, and shop.

Unfortunately, this isn't a tract home with lots of comps, so we'll all be speculating without more information and a site visit.

You'd be best served by interviewing a handful of agents and getting some market analyses.

Web Reference: http://www.repdx.com
It is obviously tough to say without seeing it, but I just quickly pulled up a few comps and I think somewhere in the neighborhood of $650 would be a pretty competitive place to start. If I can be of any assistance, or if you would like me to do a full comparative market analysis please let me know, thanks and good luck!