Home Selling in Woodbridge>Question Details

Okeita2, Home Buyer in Herndon, VA

I like to sell my house on a lease to buy basis. Can you advise how to go about as I have a first mortgage on the house?

Asked by Okeita2, Herndon, VA Thu Nov 15, 2012

Answers

7
Be very careful about your needs and expectations. Owners and Renters have very different views on this. If may or may not be a smart decision for you. Also people get confused - Lease Purchase, Contract for Deed, and Lease with first option are very different and have both risks and advantages that may help you or not. Your loan information is not the buyers business but it can impact what you do. Also you need to ask WHY TO SELL THIS WAY in the market with prices still low but rising. The buyers wanting this usually have financial issues. You do not want their issues to be yours. You need an agent who understands these and a settlement office that goes above and beyond to PROTECT YOUR INTERESTS. Please do not be led down the path of good expectations. When rates and prices are high - this makes sense for sellers. Not so much at this time.

I have helped these be a win-win for the owner and the buyer.
Dear Okeita:

A lot of home owners who are considering to sell their house down the road think that lease with option to buy would be their best bet, however in a real scenario it's very different. There are many factors as a homeowner and seller you may need to determine and also take in consideration a lot of step and pin points. I would be happy to sit with you to understand your needs and wants to suggest you what would be the best option for you in order to keep your home (investment) save.
I have help clients with different real estate needs and would be happy to assist you as well. I am well familiar with Herndon real estate market as my client network runs from Prince William County to Fairfax to Loudon and back to Fredricksburg.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon and helping you with your real estate needs!!

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB - PWAR 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.
Hi, Okeita,

It is important that you contact a Realtor who can and will determine what your needs and goals are as far as selling your house and how to go about that to provide you with the very best outcome. Please send me your contact information so we can get started.

Karen Kruschka
RE/MAX Olympic Realty
703-499-9279
karen@e-virginiarealestate.com
A Real Estate Professional, experienced in this type transaction, must have an opportunity to determine your objectives for this strategy.

I have personally conducted this type transaction in my own portfolio. Some turned out great, some horrifically.
Comtact me @ 703-672-6022.
As Marvin and Gabby suggest, lease to buy can be very complex agreements that MUST protect the seller in many aspects. You would be well advised to work with professionals who have experience in transactions of this type, legal oversight and can explain your options and likely outcomes.

You will need to pick up the phone and call. Both Marvin and Gabby provided a telephone number.
Good morning, Okeita,

In a lease with option to buy scenario, there are a lot of variables to consider. I feel it may be too exhaustive to "discuss" in a forum like this. I would be more than happy to discuss your particular situation with a free, no obligation consultation in our office. I look foward to hearing from you!

Marvin J. Fellix
703.586.3636
http://www.novahomes4u.com
http://www.ajteamrealty.com
Okeita, Our team would love to assist you with this, please send me your contact information or call us and we can discuss in detail. Our email: gbygroupinfo@gmail.com and phone: 571-429-3111. We look forward to hearing from you.