Home Selling in Dubuque>Question Details

Sue, Other/Just Looking in Dubuque, IA

I have some land I have to sell in a prime area zoned R1. I need to know how to go about selling some land

Asked by Sue, Dubuque, IA Mon Jan 28, 2008

(in order to keep the home and land I currently live in). I'd like to do this by owner to start with. I have already had access approved but am not planning on putting in any utilities or driveways myself. I know nothing about this stuff. Just doing it for survival now! Help anyone out there!!!

Answers

2
I would be more than happy to assist you with any questions. I do have experience in land sales in the area and in dealing with the proper authorities to accomplish a successful sale. The first and foremost thing to do is determine the market value of your land and price it accordingly. The market price with a great location should result in a quick sale.
Web Reference: http://www.schroby.com
Sue, had any luck with the land sale? If not, I'd be happy to talk to you in regards to it.

I completely understand the desire to sell by owner, and if I didn't fully believe in my services, heck I'd be going that route as well. It's clearly a tougher market - many builders, developers, and general real estate consumers are sitting on the fence this year and it's harder than ever to convice folks to make what could be an incredible good business or personal decision.

There are no such thing as "bad markets", just changing dynamics that you, as a seller, need to be aware of and use to your best advantage. I'd be more than happy to lend a hand...Rob