Home Selling in Cape Vincent>Question Details

Irishmaideno…, Home Buyer in Cape Vincent, NY

I have power of Attorney for my father. I live in NC and his property is in New York. I have no idea the condition of the property but need to sell

Asked by Irishmaidenone, Cape Vincent, NY Sun Oct 28, 2012

All I want to do is settle with the bank so that my father does not have this debt anymore. He suffers from dementia and can not take care of these kind of things anymore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact his lender to see what his outstanding debt is...I am sure they will be happy to have the debt paid...or contact your attorney and let him handle the details..best of luck:)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 21, 2013
I would meet with a few local agents as soon as possible to discuss the current market and your options for selling.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Hello...I would be happy to help you put your father's home on the market...I live in the area and would be happy to view the property and give you a comparative market analysis. My number is 315-408-8738 and I am with Exit more Real Estate...which has been the #1 selling agency in the last 2 years. I have had 10 years of experience as a Realtor...I can walk you through the selling process in NY.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
All of us at Front Porch Realty are licensed real estate professionals who work as a team and cover the Cape Vincent area. We can provide an evaluation of your property and would be happy to assist you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 30, 2013
Wherever the house is located work with an agent in that area. I am assuming the house is in Cape Vincent so I will go on record and say I generally don't work Cape Vincent because of the distance from my office in Black River. You have a few agents that have responded that they will help and while I am sure they mean well, if they are not in the area of the home they do not know that area well enough to give you good advice on what it should sell for and they do not have the connections with local banks and attorneys to really help you. All they can really do is refer you to someone in the area that does and then (probably) ask for a referral fee from that agent. This does you no real service and can muddy the waters a bit. You have a response from Benjamin Sterling saying that he works that area. I don't know Ben nor do I know who he works for but I would lean towards him just because of location. I would also recommend Garlock Real Estate, Thousand Islands, or Lake Ontario as I know they all work heavily in that area. I work for All American Real Estate and I specialize in the Watertown, Carthage, Black River, Theresa, Evans Mills, Calcium, and Phildelphia areas. If I can be of further assistance, let me know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
If you are looking for a Realtor in the Cape Vincent area I can help you. I work as a full time Realtor that works in the Jefferson, Lewis, and Saint Lawerence Counties. Having the power of attorney and out of the area I can fax you the necessary paperwork if you wanted to list the property. Feel free to contact me anytime. Email bensterling42@gmail.com Cell 315-276-5450
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 1, 2012
Not sure if you need to short sell or just sell, either way you need an agent to represent you. Try doing a search on Trulia & see if you can find a good agent in the Cape Vincent area. If not reach out to one of us who has responded to your question & we will use our networking system to find an agent for you. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 29, 2012
Good Afternoon,

First consult with a Real Estate Lawyer.
Where your Property is Located. Once you have done that. Then you can reach out to a Real Estate Agent
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
I will interview local agents in your area and help them sale your home.
In just need a few seconds to sit with you, I discuses a plan that will
work for you and your dad. Please just give me a call as soon as you can.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Hi Irishmaideno,

My name is Coffy Bailey and I am a licensed realtor. I have been in the business for 10+ years and would be more than happy to sit with you and go over the process of getting your father's property sold.

I would start out by viewing the property to analize the condition of the property and then move forward with providing you with a comparitive market analysis on what is selling in the area of your father's home in order to give you an idea of what his home could sell for after which we will further discuss my unique marketing tools to get the property sold.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convienence in order for us to get started as quickly as you need.

Coffy Bailey
Exit Realty Power
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
As a courtesy, I would be happy to refer you to a really great Realtor in the area who would do a complimentary market analysis on the property and make recommendations for selling.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Without much information, either contact any local agent realty office, and or, consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, see what options you may have, then go from there....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer