Home Selling in Sicklerville>Question Details

Sharonn Thom…, Real Estate Pro in Voorhees, NJ

I have my house priced right but I not geeting any showings

Asked by Sharonn Thomas, Voorhees, NJ Tue Apr 12, 2011

Answers

18
Based on the market response, it's not priced right. Drop the price!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 13, 2011
Sharon,

I see from your profile that you are a real estate agent. I'm assuming you have your own house listed for sale but not getting any showings?? Did you list the house yourself? If yes, here's my input (since you asked for it) as you know when we sit down with sellers, sometimes we don't see eye to eye on pricing. Its typical behavior for a seller to think their house is worth more than the one that sold down the street. Perhaps you should have another agent in your office or maybe even a colleague from another office take a look at the pricing to be sure it is priced properly. Also what's the days on market there? Are houses moving? Are they comparable to your house?

What would you tell one of your sellers if their house wasn't getting any showings? If the house is getting the proper marketing, to reduce the price I would assume.

On another note, I would maybe remove this question and re-ask it in agent to agent. It's just my opinion that if I was a potential seller and stumbled across this post, I may hesitate before calling. There's nothing wrong with asking opinions of other agents -- I've learned plenty from my fellow agents but I may not always want the public to know.

Good luck with the sale of your home,

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
973-715-1158 cell
973-575-6353 ext 17 office
Gina@GinaChiricoRealEstate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 12, 2011
No offense, you may believe it is "priced right" but it most likely is not or you would have showings. In my opinion, if something is priced "right" it will receive an offer. What is the rest of the question, about getting more showings or just making a general statement?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 12, 2011
My hou has been on the market for 4 months and it's priced just above the appraisal. The appraiser recommended we list $10-20,000 above his price, which we did. We have dropped our price 3 times for a total of $17,000. And we still aren't getting any buyers. Other houses in our area are selling, but no one is bringing people here. I'm wondering if it's my agent?? I live in a beautiful community, have upgraded my house with paint, flooring, granite, stainless steel appliances, everything that has been suggested. So, if it's priced right, where are the buyers?
Flag Wed Jun 4, 2014
There are three things that sell a house. Price, Condition and Marketing. If your house is priced correctly perhaps you are not marketing it to its highest potential. Do you have multiple pictures of it online? If so, what is the condition of your house? In this market homes need to be in the best possible "Show Shape" Do you need a paint job? Is the front yard appealing? Get rid of any additional clutter!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 12, 2011
Hi Sharonn. I also live and do much of my business in the Sicklerville area. If you have gone over your listing with a fine tooth comb and find that it has plenty of attractive photos as well as all the pertinent information and then some, along with a detailed desciption then it very well must be the price. Keep in mind that in this area you are competing with a plethora of short sales and buyers willing to wait on them to get that steal, although I'm seeing more and more declined. Also, Buyers today aren't wasting their time these days viewing properties beyond the internet until they narrow it down to what they're almost posititve is "the one". If this home is in less then attractive condition you may want to consider staging, which I would be happy to reccomend the company that I use. Most likely it's the price though, run your comps again and have fun getting the client to agree to a reduction. Feel free to contact me if you would like to speak about it.

Jennifer DiBabbo

Century 21 Hearst

(267) 688-5725
There are three factors when selling a home, Location, Condition and Price! Condition may mean only 1 bath or lacking a garage or central a/c... Location may mean on a busy street! No showings then means not priced right.

Upon your listing expiring, please contact me if you need assistance at that time. njrealtorjan@comcast.net
Web Reference: http://www.njrealtorjan.com
Based on the fact that you're home is not getting any showing, you need a professional home marketer that would be able to answer your questions and put together a viable marketing plan. What does your current listing agent have to say about the fact that your home is not getting any showings?
Web Reference: http://www.iteamhomes.com
Hi Sharon,

Make sure your description is different and inviting so all family members can see themselves in the backyard, on the front porch, entertaining, man caving, etc. Offer seller's assist. Advertise financing, if your home is in a USDA area or qualifies for Smart Start, say so (but be sure to explain what it is, sometimes buyers or agents don't know). Have a professional stager come in and take professional pictures. Buyers buy "pretty". If you haven't already, pay the extra dollars to ensure you get the most pictures on Realtor.com. Ensure you have the most pictures on Trulia, Zillow, Frontdoor, etc.

Hi there - the consensus is right - shortage of showings and ultimately lack of an offer means that the price is not right. Adjust it, and do so promptly so you don't miss the Spring Market.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Good question!! Check to see why others have sold or are pending within the past 90 days within a 1 mile radius of your property. Take a close look at the price of these properties and what they did to generate an offer on these properties.
Assuming it's on the MLS with a reasonable number of good quality photos and the information there is accurate (check to make absolutely sure), then it's not priced right. It's overpriced.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Make sure all the information is correct on your local MLS. I'm always amazed when I'm on the MLS and so many things are advertised wrong about people's homes, and many times sellers do not even ask for a copy or check on the marketing the Realtor is doing.
You can't be "priced right" in this market. You won't get showings. You must have the "best" price.
Hi Sharonn, I will be available most of tomorrow to speak to you live if you would like to bounce ideas off an agent from another company (Long & Foster). I personally receive coaching & think it can be worthwhile to share best practices with colleagues. Feel free to call my direct office line at 856-857-2240. Hope to hear from & network with a fellow South Jersey agent!
Sorry the link I provided was bad. I corrected it here.

This seems to be a common problem around every state city and town. I just posted this same answer for a similar question.

There was a time a buyer would consider Location Condition and price. Today it is price price price. http://www.larrysarlo.com/remaxnj/modules/agent/agent.asp?p=…
The pressures of distressed sales has hit every road avenue and court in the USA. There is little we can do about it but if you do not want to lower your price it will sit until you find a buyer who will want to pay a premium for your nicer home. The amount of buyers out there are sparse also. At one time you could get 30 showings per month today we are looking at maybe 10 and you have to do what it takes to capture those buyers interests. Reel them in. or they will go down the street.

Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171
http://www.larrysarlo.com
Are you doing a for sale by owner (FSBO)or are you working with a realtor? In either case, you can get a non biased view of listing and recent sale prices of comparable homes to yours in your area from my website. Under "my external links", click on Home and Market Trend Search: enter your search criterion for homes most closing mirrowing yours (ie: city/state or zip code, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, price range, etc.); view results; then to see local list and sale prices, click on the Stats & Trends link at the top of the page. If you are FSBOing, check out the short article on my website titled For Sale by Owner Option link under "my pages". Happy trails.
after all, maybe it's not
did you see this article today?

Daily Real Estate News | April 12, 2011 |
Avoid Sellers' Worst Mistakes
In a buyer’s market, sellers have little room for error when putting their home on the market or they risk having their property linger. Sellers should take caution to avoid the following common traps, according to a recent article at MSNBC.com.

1. Overpricing the home. Home values have dropped considerably since its peak in 2006, but sellers still are often tempted to list a home based on what they paid for it. Eventually they realize their error and have to reduce their price, sometimes several times. In the past month, 23 percent of homes listed for sale on Zillow have reduced their price.

2. Relying too much on just comps. Size up your competition currently on the market, not just the homes that have already sold. Evaluate homes with a listing price similar to yours to see how well yours stacks up against the competitions and how you can differentiate.

3. Failing to take into account the home’s web appeal. Photos are key when marketing a home online. Be sure to include lots of high-resolution photos of the interior, including of the areas in a home that buyers most care about, such as kitchen, living spaces, and bathrooms, experts say.

4. Hovering during showings. Sellers certainly shouldn’t be home for showings, but as a seller’s agent, either should you. Lurking sellers or seller agents may make buyers nervous. Other real estate agents often want privacy with their buyers so they can gather true feedback about the house.

Source: “Six Common Mistakes That Home Sellers Make,” MSNBC.com (April 11, 2011)