Drexel Hill…, Home Seller in 19026

I have my home listed on Trulia with an agent but my address is not showing. I would like to attract potential home buyers to our open house but

Asked by Drexel Hill Seller, 19026 Fri Oct 9, 2009

unfortunately they won't be able to find it without an address. I have asked my realtor several times to get the address listed. Does anyone have suggestions for how to advertise the home to attract active seekers vs. people driving through the neighborhood? Thanks in advance.

Answers

7
The address is listed now... Thank you! We didn't realize that such detail and direction would need to be provided to ensure we received the level of service we were expecting. I can understand that some sellers may try to avoid drive-bys, however we certainly do not fall into that category because our home is in a desirable area for commuters to Philadelphia and its suburbs and we are not afraid to advertise it.

Also, we are interested in hosting a broker's open house. Just curious - what is your opinion on a broker's open?

Thanks again so very much!

Drexel Hill Seller
Hi Dexter Hill Seller,
On Staten Island, NY sellers have the right to choose to display their address or not. Some sellers do not wish to adveritize their address because they want to avoid strangers driving or walking by their home unrepresented. Instead they want their Realtor to screen potential buyers.
Also, as a Realtor that markets actively on Trulia I have noticed that sometimes there could be a glitch with the system and it does not pick up the information as I imput it. It may take weeks to correct the problem. The point it to stay consistant and attempt to correct the error.
Ask your agent to correct it and have your address shown if that's what you want.
Good lUck, I hope your home is sold very soon.
Hello!

When the you consulted with the agent at the listing appointment, did this topic come up? Did the agent ask you if you wanted to have the address shown or was it their decision?

I suggest you speak to your agent again about this. If the agent still will not honor your request, then I would speak to the broker. The agent is your employee and should honor your requests. People sometimes like to do drive-bys before actually seeing the property to make sure it is in a neighborhood they will like. Without an address, that is less likely to occur.

Buyers are very hesitant about calling agents. They are less likely to call an agent unless they are sure they are ready to buy simply because they do not wish to be "harassed" by a salesperson.

If the agent still will not honor your request, check to see if the contract will allow you to opt out if the agent does not deliver services as promised, and also check with the broker about it. I would also check with a real estate attorney about it.

I usually suggest to buyers and sellers to interview several agents to see which one will be the best for the job. You need to find one that you can trust and feel comfortable with.

Brigita McKelvie, REALTOR, e-PRO, GRI
Keller Williams Real Estate, Bethlehem, PA
Office: 610-867-8888
E-mail: brigita@brigitamklv.com
Web: http://www.RuralAndHorseProperties.com
Blogs: http://activerain.com/blogs /brigitam
Your agent 's responsibility is to represent you. If you want the property address to be shown on the internet they should honor your request. I would encourage you to have another conversation with your Realtor and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Best of Luck with the Open House and the sale of your home!

Amber Williams, Realtor, e-Pro
Certified Relocation Specialist
Prudential Rittenhouse Realty Group
(215)256-6543 ext. 3045
awilliams@prudentialrittenhouse.com
Thank you very much for your responses. It feels like the strategy is only in the broker's best interested vs our best interest as sellers.

Our home is located in the Drexel Park section of town. The neighborhood is great (location, people, beauty), but we are moving to be closer to family.

The link is http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Drexel-Hill…

The address is:
523 Hampshire Road
Drexel Hill PA
We are having an open house on Sunday (2:00-4:00) Brokers and buyers are welcome, of course.

Thanks again and if you have any advice for us, please let me know.
Drexe;
The broker (the agent's boss) determines whether or not addresses for the broker's listings appear in Trulia.
Discuss it with your agent.

The reason that brokers do not want the address shown is so buyers will call the listing office or agent. This helps them find buyers who want to buy a home. Brokers know that most buyers will not be buying the home they call about (nothing personal) because they know that 90% of the time the buyer that DOES buy your home will be represented by another broker.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hello Home Seller,

Your agent should be advertising your open house for you and getting all the required marketing completed for you. The agent might not want your adress listed so they can filter the requests to view the property. If you list the adress you might have random people knocking on your door. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

Thank You,
Brian Fletcher
Lincoln Realty
610-312-3158
BrianFletcher@LinkWithLincoln.com