Home Selling in Tewksbury>Question Details

snapples32, Home Buyer in 01876

I have had no luck with my realtor. has never been available. has other agents do the work and they are not familiar with the property.

Asked by snapples32, 01876 Sun Sep 8, 2013

had an open house and live on a dead end street. they were late and no sign posted except in front of the house. isnt that a breech of contract?

Answers

15
Sounds like you signed up with the #1 or a top producing team in the area.
This is not an uncommon outcome.
-
Home owners do not often recognize the choice they make when they choose a top producer over the single operator agent who limits the number of clients they take at any one time. There is a very finite number of people that can be helped based on the avaialble time.
-
Before you throw anyone under the bus, you really, really need to have a meet up with your agent. It time to have that conversation about your expectations. Your agent will then be able to share with you what is really taking place. Most of the real selling acitivity occurs where you can not see it. What you can see. (open house) is mostly irrelevant in getting your home sold. This is not intended to deminish your concern but to place it in the correct perspective to your goal...GETTING YOUR HOME SOLD!.
-
You may discover that the real selling action will far exceed your expectation and your agent will be able, based on what you truly can not see, advise how to better exploit your homes features now that data is in place to analyze.
-
Finally, you should feel perfectly comfortable changing agents after you have had your meet up.
No, there has been not breech of contract. Just a breech of trust.

Best of success to you.
Like everything in life there are great Real Estate Agents and Poor Real Estate Agents.

Why did you hire yours? You need to hire an agent based on their marketing plan and not the commission they offer or the price they promise for your house.

With that said. Have a conversation with your agent. Tell them what you are dissatisfied with and what you would like corrected. Get it in writing. If they still don't perform contact their broker.

I personally have a performance guarantee. I rip up your contract if you are unhappy with my services. All I ask is a chance to correct a problem. I have sold and listed hundreds of homes and never have had to rip up a contract.
Hi Gail,
I would have a discussion with the agent and THEN call the broker if you are not satisfied with the answers that you get. If you determine that you can't work with this agent/agency and you are released from the contract, call me. I LIVE (40 years) and WORK in Tewksbury and I handle all of my own listings. I had an open house in Tewksbury 2 weeks ago with over 60 attendees and got multiple offers over list (and this was first showing of the home).
Deborah Higgins
Mobile: 978-335-4403
Call the head broker at the office and have a discussion about why you are unhappy with the overall service. Sounds to me they gave you a great speech to get the listing and then handed you off to team members. Usually if a buyer is unhappy enough the broker at the office will allow you to get out of the contract. I am sure they will attempt to keep you by saying they will do X, Y, Z to change things but it seems they have shown their true colors at this point. Their are plenty of agents/agencies out there that would love to work with you and give you the time and energy you and your listing deserve.

Keep us posted.

Territory Real Estate
Massachusetts Destination for Home Buyer's
617 848 5407 ext 704
Web Reference: http://territory.com
Hello snapples32,

homeowners having a bad experience with a Realtor is not only unpleasant but hurts all of us. Although this is a great Q&A forum and you get different opinions/views you should address this directly with your listing agent and if you feel you are not getting a satisfactory resolution contact the agent's broker. If this does not work you can cancel your listing agreement (check your contract for details on this). Best of luck
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
Snapples - It is difficult to respond to your statements without knowing more of the facts. If your home had sold you'd be happy with this realtor. Did he or she set the price or did they base it on what you wanted?

Is it that when you call or email your agent does not respond? Is it that your agent does not sit the open houses?

It is not uncommon in many areas to have a home with lockbox access, so yes agents that may not be familiar with your home are showing it.

Hopefully your agent is contacting these other agents and pointing out the positive features of your home. Hopefully after they have viewed it your agent if following up and getting feedback.

As to no sign leading to your home other than in front of it, is not very smart on the part of the agent for a number of reasons, (home and agent visibility) but is it breach of contract, I would say no, unless your contract spells out the signage and locations of them.

Many of your concerns should of been addressed when you interviewed and choose your agent. Talk to and point out what your expectations are, if you can not agree, then you can cancel your listing agreement (however if time still remains on your contract they are under no obligation to end it, unless they are in breach of the agreement and terms that you both signed)

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
I think you've also had a bad experience Derek. As a Realtor I work with my clients best interest in mind, not my own best interest. A lot of people are not aware how much work is actually put in to properly market and selling houses. 10 hour days, 6 days a week are typical for successful agents in our marketplace. Having someone experienced take care of every detail of your home sale and negotiations is priceless.
Web Reference: http://www.sellyourden.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Sell it by your self it is easier than it looks reactor are a waste of money and only look out for them selves.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad experience. It may not be a breach though it is unprofessional. I would suggest you discuss with the agent and their broker owner that you are unsatisfied with the representation you've been receiving. Perhaps the agent will improve and meet your realistic expectations. If not, there are plenty of us out there that would be happy to help you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Hi Gail,

It doesn't do you or your Realtor any good if you are not happy with their service. Have you told him/her that you are unhappy? I would tell him/her specifically what you expect and ask if they are willing to live up to those expectations. If yes, give him/her a chance to make the changes that you want or at least explain what they are doing to market your property and why they are doing it in the way that they are (you may be surprised how many things they are doing to get your property the right exposure). If you aren't satisfied, you may want to have a more serious discussion re: whether you should continue to work together.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Sorry to hear you are having doubts about your Realtor. Have a conversation with them and request another open house with more signage and more advertising. Common listing agreements indicate the Realtors duty to place the home on the multiple listing service. Your open house issue is not a breach of contract.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
It may not be a breach of contract but sure is not very professional. Start by telling the how you feel, if you cant reach them ask for the managing broker. if that does not work ask for a full release and find an agent that will do it right.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you are having a bad experience. Reach out to your agent and the broker. If you cannot resolve the problem then terminate your contract and seek new representation. Best of luck to you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
It doesn't sound like a breech of contract, unless a certain criteria for performance was written into the contract. I understand your frustration as it seems your agent is not working hard for you at all. I would be happy to assist you when you are out on contract with your current agent, and I am local and nearby. Feel free to contact me at anytime, you would be working with me and only me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
If you are unhappy with your Agent, tell them why. Speak with their Broker and express your concerns.

If they are not responsive, consider terminating the contract and finding another Agent. How long is your contract for?

j
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013