Home Selling in Lititz>Question Details

Elizabeth A.…, Home Seller in Lititz, PA

I have had my home on the market FSBO, with minimal exposure for a little over 2 months. I posted a sign, had a line ad in the local newspaper,

Asked by Elizabeth A. Flaherty, Lititz, PA Thu Jul 15, 2010

posted on craigslist with a link to a nice postlets pro ad and recently posted a make me move ad on zillow. I have had very little response. I added a 2% CSB to my postings and am working on a flyer. I know I need to move on and list with a flat fee broker to get on the MLS. Should I remove my lawn sign and postings and give it a rest before listing on the MLS? Does the limited exposure count as time on the market or does the time begin to run when the house is listed on the MLS?

Answers

11
Elizabeth, any website that counts the days where you have been advertising won't matter, because it's not drawing buyers.

Right now, you're not really "on the market." The MLS counter will start when you list there, and that's really the counter that, uh, counts! So, you don't need to "give it a rest," you should start getting real exposure as soon as possible.

Hope this helps,
Handy Fsbo video. Good luck.
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F
Hi Elizabeth. I worked with many for sale by owners and would be glad to speak with you about listing your home (if you have not already listed with a broker). Call me anytime!
Hello Elizabeth, I appreciate all that you are doing to help to get your home noticed but unfortunately, a sign is only good for buyers who happen to drive by and see the sign and most buyers are not looking in the newspaper for homes these days. The Internet and MLS are where most buyers are finding out about homes for sale. The days on market will start at 0 days as soon as your home is listed. There is no need to take a break before listing it on the MLS because a lot of people don't even know your home is available. Based on my experience, once you list your home and get lots of exposure, you'll see the difference. I've helped people sell their homes quickly that had previously tried it on their own. I have the experience and knowledge that sellers need in this market. If your home is priced right, shows well and is in a great location your home will sell! I've helped many people through the process of home selling and would be happy to "fuss" over you too! Best wishes and if you would like my input on your home, I'd be happy to chat with you. I can be reached at 587-2046 or at cherylfuss@cherylfuss.com. Thanks!
Hi Elizabeth, have you been successful in selling your home? I would be happy to chat with you and explain how listing with me can actually save you time and money.

There are disadvantages that may actually cost you more money in listing your home for a flat fee. For example, you may or may not get the array of services you believe you need to sell your house. You may need to handle showings, open houses, unrepresented buyers who are not qualified, phone calls, negotiations and so forth. You may also need to hire a real estate attorney to handle functions that are not covered by the flat fee. This can be very costly.

I am a full service agent and will explain how I can work to your benefit. If you are moving out of the area I can also place a referral for you at no cost! Please feel free to call me anytime. You can find my contact information in my profile. Giving consumers the answers they need when they them is something you can count on. Have a great evening! -Barbara Ries, REALTOR®
Please contact me if you are wanting to sell your home. Thanks for your post!
Hello Elizabeth, Are you still looking to sell your home? If so, I'm still ready to help you! I just listed a home that the owner was trying to sell on her own for a few months. I told her that she needed to get more exposure because a yard sign and an ad on Zillow just wasn't doing the job. I listed it about two weeks ago and it's now under agreement, and she's so happy. Please call me at 717-587-2046 if you are still thinking about selling. Homes are moving very quickly now, and I'd be happy to help you Stage your home to Sell :) Thanks.~Cheryl
Please feel free to see my website. I would love to set an appointment to meet with you. You will see what I offer will not only get you sold but get you the highest price possible. Go to http://www.LancasterCountyFineHomes.com all of my contact information is there!
Hello Elizabeth,
I would be happy to set up a time to meet with you. My Staging skills and Visual Tour that I will create for you may be just what you need to get more people looking at your homes. Feel free to contact me at 717-587-2406 should you wish to talk more. I look forward to earning your business. Thank you~
Hello Elizabeth,

I can appreciate your desire to sell your home without a Realtor. The MLS "doesn't care" how much time you've spent trying to sell your home yourself. The clock starts when your listing hits the MLS. A word of caution, you often get what you pay for. A discount broker just won't offer all the services that a full-service Realtor will.

Also, the buyers looking for FSBO's often expect a large discount price on the property. By the way, a local Realtor will do a marketing analysis to establish the value of your home (based on recent sales data in your local market) -- free of charge and at no obligation. In your case it would be a price check. If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me. Take care!

Nadine Reinhardt -- Realtor, ePro
Forrey Real Estate
Hi Elizabeth,

Depends on the MLS rules in your state but time on the market doesn't begin until you list it in the MLS. You may want to also consider hiring a realtor. They are experts in your local market and maybe be able to move your house quicker than a FSBO at a reduced commission to save you money. You can also advertise on several internet sites for free including Zillow.com.

Hope this helps!!

Chris Blasic
Realty World & Associates