Home Selling in 08048>Question Details

Gledson, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

I have found an investment commercial property . If I find an investor whos willing to buy the property ,is there a legal finder's fee to me as

Asked by Gledson, Naples, FL Fri May 27, 2011


Help the community by answering this question:


You "found" an investment commercial property? what does that mean?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 27, 2011
Hello Gledson,
You need to have a real estate license in order to receive a real estate commission in NJ. The fact that is a real estate investment does not change that.
Take care,
Ines De La Cruz
RE/MAX Connection
Web Reference: http://www.inesdelacruz.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 29, 2011
Sounds like you would be practicing real estate without a license, regardless of what you call the payment you expect to receive.

The most likely legal scenario would be to get the property under contract and then assign your contract to an end buyer for an assignment fee. This way you'd have a interest in the property and therefore would not be acting as a real estate salesperson. Each state has their own real estate licensing laws so make sure you check FL's regulations before you jump in on such a proposed transaction.
Web Reference: http://www.phgbrokers.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 27, 2011
Unless you have real estate licence, I don't see how you can legaly get paid. Additionally, I am sure there are a lot investment commercial properties for sale waiting for their buyers. What makes your better?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 27, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer