Home Selling in Maineville>Question Details

David Meere, Home Seller in 45040

I have 2 custom built market homes to sell in Landen / Maineville. Riverview of Landen Kings Schools!

Asked by David Meere, 45040 Sat Feb 16, 2008

I developed a 16 lot subdivision on montgomery road right before you get to the Little Miami River when heading north on 22/3 (Riverview of Landen). I built 2 homes in the development at the end of 2006 when the market was still decent. I am still sitting on them and obviously need to move them! Two other homes in the neighborhood are occupied - they are both ranches in the 2600 sq. ft. range (1st floor). One of these sold for 570k unfinished (misc. trim was finished by homeowner) and the other sold for 720k (loaded with walkout). I have both of the markets listed @ 550k but will gladly take anything over 500k. Any suggestions? P.S. - I would also love to move the lots - wooded walkouts some with river views!!

Answers

3
Are these homes listed with a Realtor and on the MLS? Since 84% of buyers start their new home search on the internet, it only makes since to work with a Realtor and get those listed online. I know Landen and Kings School district has always been a great area and these homes should sell. Many people are looking for a ranch with a basement. Price is another reason homes are not selling in this market but wait a few months to reduce anymore since the buying season is upon us. I list my homes in both the Dayton and Cincy MLS so if I can help you, please feel free to visit my website and contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.marystarkey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 16, 2008
I am familiar with your subdivision as I represent a small subdivision right up the street at Sunrise Ridge. The developer there is also experiencing a very difficult time selling these lots. We have reduced them by 60% and still no offers.
Are your market homes currently on all the available websites? Like Trulia and others? I know that my listings are syndicated to more than 75 different websites thru Point2. I live in Landen and have driven through that area often. If they are held open I could go through them to see how they show.
I really don't get on Trulia much but got an email from them and saw your post.
haha...lol...good luck with that my friend...shouldn't have built a high-end subdivision with an entrance/exit to a dangerous and busy street (that will likely be expanded making the entrance to the subdivision less appealing). also shouldn't have built a high-end subdivision overlooking a waste water treatment plant that will likely expand. if i'm buying a half million dollar house in the Maineville area, it better darn well have an awesome lot with none of these problems. also built into the hill which is probably a nightmare in the winter and i am gonna guess these people have issues with bugs?? i think you may have missed the boat here buddy. good luck!!!!