Elizabeth,  in New York, NY

I have an apt for sale by owner, how do I list it on your site?

Asked by Elizabeth, New York, NY Wed Sep 22, 2010

Answers

13
Hi, Elizabeth.
I think the more important question is why you would want to sell on your own. Statistics show that For Sale by Owner properties tend to stay on the market much longer and sell for approximately 25% less than properties sold by professional real estate agents. The reason many people try For Sale by Owner is to save on the commission, but in the end they lose a lot more than had they had their sale handled professionally. The professional photography, access to marketing online in print and through professional networking, the negotiation skills and the experience dealing with all the obstacles that inevitably come up in the course of a deal are just a few of the reasons why a sale in a professional's hands meets with better results. That is why 86% of For Sale by Owners end up eventually listing the property. Selling on your own is one of those things that seems easier than it actually is.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
Trulia Voices does not take listings by owner. As an owner, you are unable to take advantage of the literally hundreds of websites for NY apartments for sale.

Hire a Realtor. it is going to cost you far more money in the long run to try to market/sell it yourself.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 22, 2010
One way for sale by owners to show up on the Trulia listings is to
post it on a web site called FIZBER.COM, it will show up on Truila within 24-48 hours

Simon Watson
Keller Williams Realty-East Bay
(925) 286-7112
(510) 859-4773
BRE 01881304
simon@myrealtorsimon.com
This is an old forum but most things have not really changed and are still true in 2015. FSBO can list on Streeteasy and New York Times but most calls they would get from brokers, who would try to pitch their listing. It is just a reality that FSBO would end up listing with brokers in 90% or sell for 10-25% less than if it has been listed through a professional broker. To get the best price and the most qualified buyers, one would need to maximize property's market exposure, encourage competitive bids, follow up with all interested parties, pre-qualify potential buyers and be able to prepare professional board package that would satisfy the board. This is a full time job and has to be done in a professional manner.

We all can probably learn the ropes in any job, including selling real state, but most efficiently, time and cost-wise, any job is always done by highly qualified professionals. It takes real estate agent about 10,000 hours to become an expert in the field,and the sale price the agent can get for the seller usually well justifies the fee.
Some coaching from Lindsey and step up my game a little bit blood do you know where you want to goblet’s take it easy Island to get on the green jell cake release work into it when you hear about us the story it is very moving it really motivates you to want to have a new goal set in life just for yourself at the see how far she's come I have total confidence in her all night control by Daniel like Brandon yeah of them are healed elicit was just telling meshed watched Lindsey Jacobellis two years ago right here in Whistler at the Olympics at for her to learn from one of her idols you know finally I think she's got a little bit more hope to find me certain living life and no longer be sitting on the sidelines is an incredible feeling guys and right we are home guy is are you ready here little nutrition left starving bill I brought us back to .
http://www.garciniacambogiaprofacts.com/slimgenix-pro/
How to loos your waight in minimum time
Well instead of agents telling you why you CAN'T and just ask you to sign an exclusive agreement with them, I can provide you with other options. Try listing it on the NYTimes, or StreetEasy.com. It depends on what area of New York you live in though. I also have a FSBO book which I would be happen to send your way. It's helped multiple owners sell on their own. It's free and valuable. I give it out because I know it will help you and you'll recommend me to family and friends if they require real estate services.

You can reach me at 718-685-9617 or asoto@corcoran.com
Unfortunately, Trulia does not allow for sale by owner posts, you can however try blogging about the property--if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post for it, just ask--or consider a flat fee realty company that feeds into Trulia.
Elizabeth:

It is better for you to establish an "exclusive" relationship; however, I do understand how you feel at this point. I will be happy to "open" list your property and to help you with the selling process, as I know that it is confusing and stressful.

Click on the link and check my firm and me out.

Best regards!
I'd be happy to help you. The thing is, you have to list it with me in order to get all the marketing we do. We could chat about that, but let me know. I'd love to help. Best, Lucy--http://lucykirk.halsteadproperty.com/
Please send the apartment information including pictures if any to Jim@weichertmazzeo.com. Please indicate what commission you are offering. Because you are offering your apartment as an open listing you will need to contact brokerage companies directly as we only share listing information with other brokerages when they are listed exclusively.
Jim Mazzeo, President
Weichert Realtors, Mazzeo Agency
http://www.weichertmazzeo.com
Dear Elizabeth,
The best way to have it listed on a broker's site is to have it signed as an exclusive with one broker -- If you select a broker who cooperates with REBNY , the Real Estate Board of New York, you can get your listing up on one broker's site and circulated to about 60,000 brokers in New York City. A REBNY broker - whether with Halstead, Elliman, Bellmarc, Corcoran, Stribling, or a bundle of brokerages to many to list - has a code of ethics which include agreements to cobroke a deal within the brokerage community within 48 hours of the listing.

The more exposure, the better the chances of your finding an excellent buyer - who will be able to close on the apartment.

Best wishes, and truly yours,
Amy Rea
area@halstead.com
Elizabeth - every firm has a different policy in this regard. If you are interested in listing it on Rubicon's site http://(www.rubiconNYC.com) we would be happy to discuss that with you.m
Please feel free to email me, jason@rubiconnyc.com. Also I would encourage you to read up on Rubicon at our website to learn more about our newly launched social entrepreneurial real estate firm. When we complete a transaction, we provide clean water for those living in the developing world.
Web Reference: http://www.rubiconNYC.com