Nelson Castro, Home Seller in City Island, Bronx, NY

I have a2bd1baco-op on the lower east side. my flip tax is 17.5 . I would like to save 40k

Asked by Nelson Castro, City Island, Bronx, NY Sun Nov 4, 2007

and sell it myself. I am aware of the pitfalls, but i want to try. Any advice? thanx

Answers

6
Mr. Castro,

There are plenty of prior questions on For Sale By Owners - commonly known as FSBO- I would suggest reading them for pointers, first. Here's a link to start you off on your search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2007
Since it has been a couple of years, did you ever sell your condo? Did you get out before the prices dropped a lot or did you get stuck in the place?
Hello- Mr Castro look up the following sites. 1-public.olr.com 2- streeteasy.com 3-residentialnyc.com. If you decide that you are in need of professional help. Check out my website emiliorealestate.com. P.S don't worry i shall charge you 6 cent on a dollar. Happy hunting friend!
Get a good real estate attorney to advise you, get some good photographs taken and advertise here and on the NY Times real estate website. Hold open houses every Sunday between noon and 4pm (any 2 hours within) and just make sure you keep in close contact with your attorney. I'll be happy to refer a good attorney to you and give you tips if you like. HeroRealty@gmail.com
nelson,

if you're still here on voices, i'm curious to know how it turned out. was the flip tax on the profit [difference between the price you bought it for and the current contract selling price?]

you have choices....
Web Reference: http://www.kioskrealty.com
Nelson,
Is your flip tax really 17.5% of your sale price? Can that fee be negotiated if you get interest from mulitiple buyers? You may want to start with a written explanation of why it is so out of whack. Standard flip-tax is 2% of the purchase price paid by the seller.

Maybe you should consider taking a few weeks to try to sell it on your own, if it doesn't work, call a professional. I'd be happy to help. robert@ghk.com
-Rob