Danielle, Both Buyer and Seller in Holly Springs, NC

I have a two bedroom plus loft, two story home with two garages in Holly Springs. All total it is about 1450

Asked by Danielle, Holly Springs, NC Thu Mar 5, 2009

sf. I am thinking of selling. Its in good condition- I want something a little bigger. I am mostly concerned that it won't sell or I won't make anything to apply toward a larger house. Any guidance?

Answers

7
Hi, Danielle,

If you indeed have two garages (not just a two-car garage), your property will fare well against the competition. There is a demand for extra garage space in the market, because it is so rare. The buyer for your property may be an auto collector, or someone who wants to have a workshop.

Designing your marketing flyers and the MLS presentation would benefit from a consultation. This would include a review of any covenants to make certain you advertise the extra garage to maximum advantage. Holly Springs and the surrounding area is where I do a lot of my business. Feel free to contact me about setting up a time when I can see the property and discuss ways that the garage (and house) can be presented to "blow away" the competition!

-Paul-
http://www.Take-Tour.com
Hi Danielle,

The market in HS is definitely slower than other areas. I have a great property in HS and even though the home has numerous updates and is in a great location there is a lot of competition from new construction.

I agree that it's a great time to move up but you have to figure out if it's beneficial & financially suitable for you to do so.
I would contact some agents and have them give you an idea of what the market is doing in your particular subdivision.

Even in this difficult market properties are selling if they're priced right and staged well.

Lizete
Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com
If you are "tossing" around the idea, but are unsure if you will be able to come out of the transaction in a good financial situation I recommend having several agents come veiw your home and provide a Current Market Analysis. After you have that information you will be better equipped to make the decision of 'to sell or not to sell."

Then comes the hard part; choosing an agent who will represent your needs in the sale. Find an agent who specializes in your area. Remember just because an agent tells you what you WANT to hear does not mean it is what you NEED to hear. Find a company/agent who is familiar with your subdivision and Holly Springs. Ask them what unique items that they will be able to do for you if you choose them.

I also think that it is important the sellers realize a lower commission does not guarantee more money in your pocket. You want someone who knows what it is going to take to get your home sold at top dollar!
Give Doug Jacobs at call at 612-1532. He lives there in Holly Springs and is very active in both real estate and community. Tell him Barrett said to call.
Hi Danielle,

A lot of it depends on the current market conditions in your area/subdivision. This year is a great opportunity to purchase a home w/ interest rates being so low...you may be able to get more house for less money, especially since some home sellers are a lot more flexible with negotiations at this point in order to attract the largest pool of buyers. Some price ranges are more in demand than others ($150-$300,000, for example) and a lot of first time buyers are starting to look now that the $8,000 tax credit is in effect for purchases through Dec. 1. Is there a lot of inventory in your neighborhood? If you're looking to move up into a bigger home, you could consider pricing your home competitively based on what's out there that's currently active (sometimes even pricing a little below the most comparable home draws more interest). If you'd like me to do a customized market analysis for your home and neighborhood, I'd be glad to pull some statistics for you in order to give you an idea of where you stand. Based on that, you can look at what you owe on your current mortgage and get a feel for what your bottom line would be. Activity is definitely picking up as spring approaches...so if you do decide to place your home on the market, I'd love to help. Feel free to call or email with any questions. My contact info is on my website. Thanks and have a wonderful day!
I agree with Mike that interviewing several Realtors is smart. Some Realtors will give you a discount for selling and buying a new home.

Agents have personalized marketing plans, not companies.

If you'd like a preview of our VIP Seller Program, I'm happy to set up a webinar to do so.

Good luck and happy house hunting!
Interview a few agents and get input. They should all offer you a "Net Sheet," with a guestimate of what they project you will receive at a projected sales price.
Try to select the most realistic estimated price and net proceeds, and make a determination as to whether the opportunity truly exists for you to reach your goal of selling with adequate proceeds to buy what you want.

Do NOT fall for the highest price and net proceeds out of hope or greed! It must be realistic, or you can harm the sales effort and your final net.

Web Reference: http://www.mikejaquish.com