Home Selling in Lowell>Question Details

lkagan, Home Seller in Lowell, MA

I have a two-bedroom condo at 491 Dutton (textile museum) to sell.

Asked by lkagan, Lowell, MA Mon Dec 10, 2012

Looking to sell quickly but not give it away. Can anyone weigh in and manage my expectations? Also looking for a good broker. So far I haven't found anyone.

Answers

14
Wen Farina (Wayne)’s answer
This depends on what your specific situation is and getting your Broker to understand it so you can then create a strategy to achieve your goal. You have plenty answers here of agents and brokers, including mine, offering to help. Talk to a few of them, get a few market analysis and then you can pick which one you feel is best suited to assist you. Good luck, info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 10, 2012
Ikagan

This is a property that we have been interested in as a potential new home. While We have not put our home on the market, we are planning to do after the first of the year. We certainly understand the value of a professional broker, our research has put 491 Dutton St at the top of our list.

If you wanted to discuss the potential of our mutual interest call me at 978-886-3770.

Tim
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 7, 2013

I agree with Wen's post below in that each and every situation is best left up to the agent or broker who you think is the most qualified to handle your specific situation. In this current market, each homeowner looking to sell can have a myriad of different, but specific, circumstances, and just going with "the agent who can list it at the highest" price is NOT the way to go. You would be very wise to invite a few agents/brokers over, explain your situation, ask questions, and get a good feeling about which one is best able to handle your property. I, too, wish you Good Luck!
I believe we can...Please call me at 781-860-8900...or on my cell @ 781-799-4867..you need a good marketing technique...let me explain ours and see what you think~laura sheedy Homeowners Assistance Program. We are not a government program, but we do use government programs to help our sellers
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Ikagan,

I am sorry I did not see your email earlier in the week. I am writing to you from clowdy Florida where I am on a little vacation. If you have not already listed the property with another agent I would recommend a 2nd opinion on value.

I will be back at work on Monday 12/17 and would love to hear from you.
My contact info is: DMoakley@ERAkey.com or mobile phone: 978-455-4486

Donna Moakley
ERA Key Realty Services
This should help get you started:
There have been 4 condo sales in the last year with an average price/square ft of $261
The average days on market for these sales were 65.50
It appears that only 1 of the 4 sales was a resale, and that unit sold at $222.51/sq. ft.
Currently there are 5 condo's actively for sale in your complex. They are listed at an average price / square ft of $274 (average list price of $329,320) Unfortunately there is a short sale on the market which drives prices down (currently listed at $212.17/sq. ft.) These properties have been on the market for an average of 102.40 days.
I would use the above sales and current listings as your benchmark and price your condo just under the market value to attract a quick sale.

One way to save money would be to do FSBO to avoid hefty commissions. Feel free to give us a call or send us an email for a great FSBO referral.

Territory Real Estate
Territory.com
617-848-5407 ext 701
Help@territory.com
Hi

We specialize in Downtown Lowell Condo's and I have a premium marketing system geared specifically for condo. If you would like more info email me christryon@erakey.com

Chris Tryon
ERA Key Realty
61 Market St.
Lowell, MA 01852
.Ikagan, good afternoon. My name is John Callahan and I own LowellLofts.com. We exclusively work with buyers and sellers in your market ,Downtown Lowell. I am sure we may have crossed paths as i am in your building many times in the course of the week. LowellLofts.com is the #1 producing real estate company for downtown Lowell and has been for 5 years running. Please give me call so i can discuss how to solve your problem. I assume you are on the 5th floor. Looking forward to talking with you,

John Callahan
LowellLofts.com
978-458-0031
HI -

I am a broker/owner for my own company and would be more than happy to try to assist you in selling your condo unit. I am very hands on and use all the technological tools of the time. I push the listing out to as many sites as possible and will work hard to sell your unit. The key is always pricing the unit properly and driving up the interest. Feel free to look at my websites and then contact me if you would to meet so I can see your unit. My main site is listed below and from there you can look at my seller site and my short sale site.

Email is jennifer@teamerickson.com
(781) 990.8625
Hi! I'm a local broker and would be happy to meet with you to discuss my marketing plan.
Hello, I have a friend who is an excellent real estate agent in your neighborhood. If you would like I can send you her contact information.
I would be more than happy to give you a CMA on your property.

email me at minnis@andoverliving.com
The key would be to price the property correctly. I would be happy to assist with you in doing a free market analysis on your condo. I do a lot of business in lowell and my office is located in the downtown area. I look forward to hearing from you.

Justin Melo
Bettencourt Real Estate
978-758-5028
Justin@bettencourtrealestate.com

Depending on the condition and location of the condo, similar units in the same building have sold between $329,000 and $400,000 within the past 6 months. If you have any additional questions, you can email me at LBurkeHomes.com