Kimberly Jam…, Home Buyer in Nashville, TN

I have a two bedroom, 2.5 bathroom condo in Orchid Hill in Charlestown and would like to sell.

Asked by Kimberly James, Nashville, TN Tue Feb 15, 2011

It is a two bedroom 2.5 bath, two stories, two parking spots (one inside, one deeded outside), f/p, w/d. master suite with California Closet built-ins, hardwood throughout. I have a tenant I need to vacate, but have the cash flow to support a vacancy for a few months while I invest money in to fixing up....painting, staging, re-finishing hardwoods etc. It is hard to find comps because of the benefits that many other buildings don't have, like a gym, storage locker, elevator, security, beautiful common areas etc. How long should I expect DOM to range? How important are stainless appliances and granite counter tops? What would be the best time to list as far as activity picking up in Spring, and is there anyone who can provide sold comps? Thanks!

Answers

4
There are definitely a lot of variables in your situation and never any guarantees with real estate. I can say however, that I have done quite a bit of business in Charlestown over the last year and good properties at the right price always sell. There's no such thing as a good or bad market, just good or bad marketing. So, I would invite a couple of brokers over to discuss your situation then work with one through the process so they can strategically pace the process for and optimal timing, pricing and marketing strategy.
i would be happy to provide comps and DOM range for you. I would need to take as look at the house in order to give you advice on what to do in order to make it more attractive to buyers. Stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops are important if the rest of the house is up to par, not otherwise. As far as best time to list for the Spring market - we are seeing increasing activity already, but I would say mid-to-late March would be ideal.
The DOM depends upon several factors such as pricing and marketing strategy. We are a real estate firm in downtown Boston and would be happy to provide you with a Comparable Market Analysis (known as CMA) of your home. The best time for the Spring Market is in April and May. Please contact us to receive a complimentary CMA.
Consider inviting a few local agents from different realty companies--ask for their opinion as to any renovations, market conditions, etc., , also ask for a cma--comparative market analysis, in order to determine a fair listing price-- you may wish to hire one of those agents as your listing agent...