Mphome4sale, Home Seller in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have a townhome (3 bed/2 bath/2 car garage) for sale in St. Petersburg, Florida,

Asked by Mphome4sale, Saint Petersburg, FL Thu Jul 17, 2008

which is in a waterfront community in Northeast St. Pete. Included with this home is a BOAT SLIP which provides unobstructed access to Tampa Bay and is big enough to comfortably fit a 40 foot boat with up to a 5 foot draft. The unit is in excellent condition, and has been redone throughout (new windows, new kitchen, new flooring, etc.). I am looking for a local realtor who is active in the boating community (and/or has knowledge of it) and can help us sell this unit. I need someone who will actively market our unit (advertise, reach out, etc.) and be creative (perhaps even international) to get our home sold. I am also hoping to find someone who can counsel me in the ins and outs of renting our unit (month to month) until it sells. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much!

Answers

10
Hello!

I have lived in St. Petersburg for over 20 years and have been actively boating in the area for just as long. I work right out of downtown St. Pete and have access to the best marketing plans around. Please call me, I would love to help you at!

-Jordan Becker
Keller Williams St. Pete

cell: 727-244-5355
JordanCBecker@gmail.com
You said you are a prospective buyer. I have a property on 66th Ave S in St Petersburg, Fl. Newly renovated, new kitchen and bathrooms. 3 bedroom/ 2 bath/ 2 car garage with door opener. If you would like to know more please text me at (727) 858-2573 and I can tell you more.

Marla
I'm not a realtor but a prospective buyer and yours may be the property I'm looking for. I would like to see it before any other step. So, if you give me the property address and your reasonable asking price, we may talk business.
Elving
I am a full time realtor in St. Petersburg and a boater (just leisure in the bay). I know the waterways of NE St. Pete and the benefits of easy access to the bay. I have a top notch marketing plan and could definitely counsel you on the pros and cons of selling in this market and/or renting. Check out my website and my company's website. We are ranked number one for properties under contract and sold in Pinellas County (south of Ulmerton). Plus we sell more luxury property than any other company around
http://www.SmithandAssociates.com
I am not a boater but George Gower, a fellow realtor at Prudential Tropical Realtor at 204 Beach Drive is an avid boater and is an excellent realtor. He definitely thinks outside the box. You may want to give him a call at 894-5161 and tell him I sent you!!
Right now the market statistics indicate properties in the range of $350K and under are moving so you are correct that you need someone who will actively market not only locally but nationally and internationally. 84% of Buyers begin their search on the internet so make sure you have someone who is savvy and knows where to place your property to get optimum exposure. Not just on the MLS and Realtor.com. Also more people will view your property if it has a visual tour. Although I am not a boater my office is a block away from the St Petersburg Yacht club and across from the Pier. But that isn't what is going to get your house sold. #1 - Pricing it correctly and #2 - the right realtor that will advertise it and place it on as many real estate websites as possible and hold open houses - that is what will get your house sold.
I recommend you pay $350 to a FL licensed appraiser (ideally one who lives in your complex) to give you a very good idea of the current market value for your townhouse. That way you cannot be swayed by the Realtors who may incorrectly give you an over-inflated value for your townhouse.

You do not want to price too high in this market and also not too low and give away your equity. If you are overpriced, it wouldn't matter if the listing Realtor flew a hot air balloon above your unit, it will not sell.

In this "buyer's" market, extraordinary marketing will not sell an overpriced townhouse.

Pay attention to the Realtor.com marketing a Realtor does to "pre sell". If your desired listing Realtor does not pay the extra marketing fees to Realtor.com, you will not be adequately marketed. Buyers have access to information about listings via Realtor.com so they will compare your unit online and decide whether or not to see it based on how it is presented there. Go to Realtor.com for your zip and see the varying degrees of how properties are presented. Do not go with a Realtor that does not enhance her listings on Realtor.com.

As far as newspaper advertising, it generally benefits the listing Realtor because she may get new clients. It's also true that an older buyer may rely on newspapers but the ones who are ready to write an offer are usually hooked up with a Realtor who will show them the properties fitting their criteria. Your unit will be shown along with at least 10 others and unless yours stands out as far as price/condition, it will not sell, period.

If you can possibly hold on and rent out the unit for 3 years or possibly more, you may want to go that route. Otherwise, price it correctly (per a local licensed appraiser's value, not a Realtor's suggested price) keep it immaculately clean and uncluttered, make it available to show via lockbox with a few mintues notice, and you will get it sold within 90 days.

Good luck....

PS You can also search competing listings on my site to get a basic idea of your competition. It will have more detail than listings by Realtors who do not pay for showcase listing features on Realtor.com
Web Reference: http://www.soldontampa.com
I can help you.
Please call me at 1-888-284-2056 for assistance
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I have a possible tenant who has agreed to assist with showing the unit. As such, would the 24 hour requirement still be applicable if the tenant agrees to something different (say 4 hours)?

Within our community, there is no HOA requirement on length of leases.

Thanks for the response!
Just Looking?

If you can avoid renting out the TH, do so. Realtors have to give 24hrs before we can show rentals. This can cause your unit to miss being shown to out of staters here for the weekend.

Also, are you sure you can rent the unit month to month? Is there a HOA? It may only allow 12 or 7 month leases.

Ines Alvarez
ialvarez@prutropical.com