Home Selling in Rochester>Question Details

Rohrj, Home Seller in Rochester, NY

I have a 4 season sunroom in upstate NY. It has a foundation with crawl space underneath. It is tied into the home's hvac can it be counted it

Asked by Rohrj, Rochester, NY Sun Jun 13, 2010

the home's square footage?

Answers

3
You bet ya! Once that hvac went in that was your ticket. Make sure you tell your agent to add that square footage.
Yes, Rohrj, it should be counted as part of the home's living space if it is a year round room, with open access to the home (I assume it isnt closed off by a sliding glass door).

I currently have a ranch-style condo listed that has a 4 season sun room with tiled floor, heated and air conditioned, just like yours. it is accessed from the dining room.
It is included as part of the town assessment for tax purposes, too, so they do factor in the increased sq. footage. Although we don't make use of square footage in our listings on most resales, if I were to calculate it, I would count the sun room as part of the total.

It would seem logical.

However, our recommendation is to refer to the local tax records to see what the recorded square footage is on the property.