Home Selling in Philadelphia>Question Details

Paul Baron, Home Buyer in Philadelphia County,...

I have a rowhome in Roxborough for sale for 1 year, listing expired - where do I go now? Same agent? or try someone new?

Asked by Paul Baron, Philadelphia County, PA Wed Jun 29, 2011

Listed it originally for $260K now asking $235K - house looks great - new kitchen with granite, bathroom all tiled. Wood floors refinished. would a new agent be the answer?

Answers

6
Paul:

Interviewing new agents remains an option you may wish to explore to determine what they can offer you. Interviewing a variety of agents does not exclude your current agent if you decide to remain where you are, but how can you really tell unless you explore your options?

Some critical factors in pricing may have shifted over the past year, and there are a new series of properties that have sold or come on the market presenting new factors and new competitionfor your property.The fact is, Pricing is key.

I am in the Philadelphia region as well, feel free to send me an email if you want more in depth advice.

Ana Barlow, CB Pref, anabarlow@gmail.com
Hi Paul,

When trying to decide whether or not to switch agents, it's important to evaluate what happened last time that didn't work well. You need an agent with a solid marketing plan, a strong grasp of the current market, a good sense of staging, energy to market your house and willingness to communicate with you about your property on a regular basis. If your agent displayed those qualities, I would ask him/her why they think the house didn't sell. Be sure to listen to their suggestions and evaluate whether they have some valuable insight. If, however, your agent did not perform it's time to find one who will. I'd be happy to speak with your further should you decide to make a change to a new agent. Either way, all the best.
Hi Paul, as the listing has expired you are free to sign with another realtor. I would be glad to help you. I live in Roxborough and know the area well. Kindly call me so that I can answer if you have any questions. My no. 215-833-9826. Thanks and looking forward for your call.
dear paul...i think i'd ask...(1) were you satisifed with the communication? (2) the effort? (3) the marketing and plan....if not, make a change...similar to what is said below., you want to seek out people with a real track record and someone you trust....my cell # below.

bruce lang
coldwell banker preferred
2155462700
2673126221
Paul great question, if you feel that your agent has communicated and done everytrhing they could but it is just the market that has been working against you then stay with the same agent. However, using a different agent who uses different techniques for marketing the property such as craigslist, facebook, twitter, video etc might get you different results. Also in this market you need to get ahead of the market on price and not follow it, so make sure whoever you choose gives you a good market analysis. If you want a referral of an agent for your area, we work primarily the Main Line feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.VandekarTeam.com
Looking for different results by doing the same, I hear is he definition of crazy! ;) I would like to suggest you call the local association of realtors, ask for the office that has the most selling agents transactions in your county last year and call their team leader to ask for an expert in your area. Good luck! I hope that helps!