Home Selling in Roswell>Question Details

Tracey Lee, Home Seller in Roswell, GA

I have a rental home for sale in Roswell that I am willing to sell for quick cash and need to know the best

Asked by Tracey Lee, Roswell, GA Sun Jan 18, 2009

place to list it to sell quickly since it is currently in between tenants.

Answers

8
I am looking for rental property in roswell. call me at 770-689-6553 or email me at kziobron@chacompanies.com
If you want to sell, having the home vacant is probably better than having a tenant. You can certainly try to sell on your own, but the reality is that unless you already know a potentital buyer, you probably won't. Even if you did, the sale would likely be quicker and for more net money to you with an agent. In choosing one, most agents recognize the need for high-tech internet marketing to buyers, but know specifically which sites will be used, what functionality they offer, and what the traffic numbers are, as there are lots of sites, but only a few well-known and useful.
Web Reference: http://www.AskAgentLisa.com
Listing your home with a full-time agent that is technology savvy is very important. Yes, there are agents that have no clue what Trulia is and other websites for that matter. And yes, there are many agents who are working full-time jobs outside of real estate so that question is very important. Do you want someone available to answer buyer calls and show your property throughout the day or are you okay with an agent that can only devote a few hours in the evening to your cause?? That is an important question to ask.

Additionally, you need an agent that has been actively selling homes in this market and not just holding inventory. I see many agents that hold 50 to 100 listings and my first question is how many are under contract. It lets me know if they know how to price a home. It is very easy to take 50 to 100 listings when you take the listing for what the sellers wants... it is much harder when you actually do your research and know that a home should not be priced where the seller wants. Holding inventory with no closings or very few in comparison to the number of listings could mean the agent has no clue how to price properties in this market. An agent that was a top producer in 2005 and 2006 might not be selling any homes in this market.

Lastly, you need to price it to sell quickly. Buyers compare homes... if you want a quick closing then you need to price it aggressively so that buyers feel the need to react quickly.
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByLorie.com
Tracey, as you've heard, broad internet exposure and pricing your home appropriate to the market is critical to a successful sale--but in addition to that I'd add working with an agent and brokerage that has active connections with investors and buyers in your area & price point. I work primarily in Roswell and Alpharetta and have contacts looking for investment property that may be interested. Please drop me an email or give me a call--no matter how or with whom you market your home. Thanks!
Web Reference: http://www.jane-oconnor.com
Tracey,

Our recommendation is also to list it with an agent that can get you the exposure you require for a quick sale. Additionally, it is critical that you price the property in step with the current market trends, keeping in mind that today's buyers are typically looking for "DEALS."

Price it accordingly..............

Tracey,

Obviously, a Realtor wants your listing. The best place to dump property without an agent... Craigslist. I've not seen or heard of any other sites with more success stories.
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
Tracey -

Mac is right, every agent is number, one but many "number ones" are out of and leaving the business. The key to selling the house quickly is having it found by both buyers and agents - no longer are agents the main source as the internet has opened up a new front to find buyers. To sell it has to be PRICED right, EXPOSED properly and have good APPEAL. Price is especially critical in this market.

I'm happy to run a thumbnail of the house, get you a realistic value as opposed to one that you might be told to secure a listing. I'm a certified appraiser as well and have been in the field looking at home all over north Atlanta every day since '89 - if even one of the three things above is out of line you will be sitting. Email me the address and I can give you a broad idea on line, a more defined idea after I walk it.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
678-428-8276
Hi Tracey,

Every agent that responds is going to tell you that the best place to list your home is with them. The best place to list your home is where it will get the most exposure in the shortest amount of time. I can have your home on over 40 nationally recognized web sites in less than a week, Trulia being one of them. If you would like to get together to see the entire marketing plan in writing just let me know. My contact info is available on my profile within Trulia or via my web site listed in the web reference below.