Al, Home Seller in 48761

I have a person interested in my home ,can I add her name as an exception when listing with a realtor

Asked by Al, 48761 Wed Mar 31, 2010

my home was being previously sold "BY OWNER" and this person was interested but needs to sell her home before she could make an offer and I now want to list with a realtor and would like to have her listed on the contract as an exception, can I do this?

Answers

4
Al, I just answered your simliar question on another thread.................

If the so called buyer has a home to sell..............she isn't a buyer!!!!!!!!!
You need someone to be ready, willing and able...............having a home to sell first doesn't make her ready or able!

Get your home listed, and let an able buyer come along who can perform now, not in the future!

As I noted in your previous question, I do take a named exclusion, but only for 7-10 days. I would never list a home with an exclusion that lasts indefinitely. It isn't fair to the buyers who will be brought in with agents........plus....agents won't want to show your home, as exclusions must be duly noted on the listing (in my area, anyway).

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 31, 2010
Hi Al,

As noted below, your question was duplicated on our site. You can see the answers to that post at the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Did you see our answers the first time you posted this question?
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
You can ceratinly negotiate this into your listing contract or your best bet is to offer the listing broker a reduced commission of 1, 1.5 or 2b to assist you with the sale. it will sure beat the attorney costs to ccwrite or review contracts, fill out and make sure all state and federal disclosures are done correctly, assits withinspections, buyers mortgage and assist you at closing. good luck with your sale.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com