Home Selling in Dover>Question Details

Kathi Beck, Both Buyer and Seller in 17315

I have a mobile home, double-wide, to get rid of. I do or did have a number of a person who buys them. This

Asked by Kathi Beck, 17315 Sat Mar 8, 2008

is the only thing that is holding me back from actually buying a home. My other choice is to let it set. It is paid for and sits in a park which has pain in the butt rules

Answers

9
You can list your mobile home, in fact I have one listed right now in the Mt. Wolf area. Id be more than happy to help you. Just give me a call 717-718-8561
If you would please responde to me. I am seeking a good used doublewide mobile for me my wife and seven yr old. I have six acres of land i livr in a trailer that was giving to us but it scares me because of the wiring. My number is 3252346311. Tim martin. If you would sell it to me at a very trasonable price and send pics of it.
JUST PUT A SIGN IN FRONT OF IT, MOST PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LIVE IN A PARK WILL GO TO THE PARK AND MANY PEOPLE WILL DRIVE THROUGH PARKS THEY ARE INTERESTED IN TO FIND ONE FOR SALE. '

I HAVE SOLD MANY MOBILE HOMES LIKE THIS, MLS WORKS HOWEVER YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MLS WITHOUT BEING AN AGENT OR BROKER.

GOOD LUCK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW

MOXE
Please call Quality Homes 717 624 3201. They are running an ad in the Merchandiser right now looking for mobiles in area parks. page 39 second column last ad.
Are you working with an agent?
Good luck ...Sharon 717 465 0661
Hi Kathi, I am a licensed Realtor with Century 21 Action Realty in Shiloh and I have a personal friend that is going to be listing his home with me in the next few weeks and he is looking for a doublewide to put on 17 acres he owns in Strinestown. If you still have the home and want to get rid of it, contact me and I would be happy to put him in touch with you. If he isn't interested and you would like to put the property in the MLS, I can help you with that. I am from the Dover area and sell quite a few properties in the area. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Sharron Minnich
Century 21 Action Realty
You don't say exactly what the park rules are that's causing the problem. Sometimes, I know, they require the purchase to live there, and they require approval of the purchaser prior to sale. That's actually a good thing. But I understand how that can cause difficulty.

As is noted below, CraigsList is a good way to find buyers. But many buyers don't have all the cash that's necessary to buy...whether you're asking $5,000 or $25,000. So you sell the home on terms. Rather than advertising "3/2 Fleetwood, $14,900..." you sell on monthly payments. Ask for a small/moderate amount down, and calculate the remainder owed over 3, 4, or 5 years....whatever brings the price down to the clearly affordable range. Remember that the buyer will also have to pay the lot rent, whatever that is. (Here in Northern Virginia, that can be around $600 a month.)

So, for instance, if the home cost $15,000 and you got someone to put $2,000 down, you could finance the rest for 5 years at 18% for $330 a month. If lot rent were $600 (Northern Virginia prices), then an ad on CraigsList would be something like "Great 3/2 Fleetwood doublewide can be yours for only $930 a month including lot rent. Only $1,995 moves you in..." Don't even mention the full price of $13,000.

From your perspective, you get several thousand dollars up front. The figures I gave were hypothetical, but you're getting 18% return on your equity. If the person makes all the payments, you've made a tidy profit. If they default, you evict, and begin the process again.

I'd certainly consider buying the mobile home from you (and then offering the sort of deal I just described to a potential buyer), but since you've already paid for it, you might as well offer it on terms, make some money, and profit from the experience.

And one additional thought: If you decide you really want to cash out before the 5 years is up, you can sell the note, albeit at a discount. You let it season for 6 months (to show a note buyer that the person is making the payments), then you sell the note. I don't buy notes, but a lot of investors do.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
how much are you asking for it and how big is it,year?bdrms?where is it located?
I just had a buyer/seller in the Spring Grove area that went through the same things you are. First I would recommend calling the park to see if they offer a buy back program. Second I would try a local mobile home sales company (such as Quality Homes in Weiglestown/Dover area). One option would be to put it on Craigslist (FOR FREE!!). Last but not least is print advertising such as the paper/ merchandiser. I really haven't had good results with the newspaper, but the merchandiser usually brings in some inquiries. If all else fails feel free to call or email my husband & I. We specialize in the Dover market and would love to help you. According to the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors, 38% of buyers found their home through a local Realtor. Next was internet with 29% followed by a yard sign/open house sign at 12%. Newspaper print fell almost last with 4%.
Web Reference: http://www.kefauverteam.com
There are lots of ways to get rid of this Double wide. Craigs list. Run an ad. Or call around to local park and they will know names of buyers. I saw an ad in the Merchandiser once about someone that would buy old mobiles. If you want it gone and really do not care about making money off of it run an ad and sell it for pennys on the dollor that way someone would be able to move it and enjoy it...If you want I could put it into our mls system and see what we get...