Gregg, Other/Just Looking in Bloomington, MN

I have a large lot in an area of expensive homes.

Asked by Gregg, Bloomington, MN Thu Jul 24, 2008

I have a large lot in an area of expensive homes. A real estate agent wants to list it so that a buyer would be committed to using a particular builder. Would I be better off to keep the listing free from a required builder? Is there any advantage to the seller to tie a land sale to a one builder?

Answers

2
I believe that your lot would be more attractive if anyone could build on it. If it is an area with large homes, you might want to include covenants as per minimum square feet and things of that nature. I would keep it open for any quality builder.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 29, 2008
If the buyer is ready willing and able to pull the trigger right way, do a one time listing for that buyer and get the lot sold. Otherwise you are much better off keeping all of your options open to any buyer / builder. It may be someone would want to buy the lot and not develop or build on it for a few years. That person may want to shop around for a builder that best suits their specific needs better than an exclusive builder.