Home Selling in Blountville>Question Details

Jenn5011, Home Seller in Blountville, TN

I have a house on the market and was just told by a realtor that my house has been listed too long for her to

Asked by Jenn5011, Blountville, TN Thu Jun 25, 2009

sell. My house will be on the market for a year this July. what is too long for Blountville TN?

Answers

3
My wife and I are looking to buy in Blountville and Piney Flats and we have decided to just sit back and wait. The prices are too inflated right now compared to comparable areas in the region (Colonial Heights for example) and we just gave up. I don't see how a basic 3BD/2BA ranch home is worth 175-200k. I don't know the particulars of your situation but that is why we quit looking.
A year is a very long time to be on the market. Have you discussed pricing with you agent? No one wants to hear this but if you home hasn't sold in a year, something is wrong. It could be price, condition, area or a combination.

Unless it's crucial that you sell now, you could take your house off of the market and put it on fresh in a few months. You could also consider having a stager come in and prepare your home for sale. Maybe a fresh coat of paint, decluttering etc...

Good luck to you
Jenn
The bottom line is that homes are selling...just not yours.

I would ask the Realtor to show you the number of homes that have sold in the last year that are like yours.

If I were your Realtor, I would suspect that you are not a serious seller and if you would not adjust your price to the point where it will sell, then I would pass on taking your listing.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA