Home Selling in Amherst>Question Details

Tlr, Home Seller in Amherst, OH

I have a home to sell that is a complete fixer,it need tons of work.Where do I start to sell it as is?I just want to get ride of it.

Asked by Tlr, Amherst, OH Sun Nov 27, 2011

Year buitl 1900,3 bedroom bungelow, crawl space, no furnace,no hotwater tank good location,good school system

Help the community by answering this question:


I have an investment goup that purchases home that needs work. We can close on the home in 2 weeks. If you are interested please give me a call.

Jeff Russell
Russell Real Estate Services
(440) 283-7000
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 28, 2011
Investors don't like paying for things they are simply going to strip and throw away. Even a stripped kitchen is not a problem. Now, if this home is block construction and with a garage.....you are golden!

Since you simply want to 'get rid of it' I would suggest you structure a 30 day sale. Your real estate professional will discuss with you the dynamics of this option. You do want to work with a real estate pro who has connections with investors, investor groups and your local flipper.

Over 60% of home in the Tampa Bay area are sold to cash buyers. They are out and they are looking for a home like yours! Call you real estate professional.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 28, 2011
I would contact a local real estate agent and talk to them about listing it but like many are saying here an investor would probably be your best bet.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
The home should be handeled like any other home...an appointment set to see what the homes features are and where they lack and then compare to other homes of like kind and quality to obtain a value. Once that is determined then you discuss how the financing factors would be limited and what choices are there to what type of buyers would be able to purchase the home. Once those guidelines have been set then you you decide on the price..the market plan and proceed. If you have any questions or would like to dicuss it further please call me and I would be more than happy to make an appointment with you and give you a market value.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
Call me or email me. I have a client who buys such homes cash on the spot. If we cannot come to a deal with that client I can then represent you and solicit at least seven other buyers who do the same who I do not represent who will also pay cash. These are all reputable people who will do a quality job in restoring the home for another family to own.
Web Reference: http://www.druryrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
An investor would be your best bet. Because the home is not operable; no furnace, water tank, a bank will not lend a buyer the monies to purchase unless they apply and are approved for an FHA 203k Rehab Loan. They are very time consuming and lenders are less likely to want to write these loans, from experience. If you'd like, please give me a call or email and we would be happy to walk-through your property and give you our professional evaluation. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
As both a real estate broker and active investor, here's my recommendation. For a quick sale, an investor will be your best bet. A home in the condition you stated is not likely one which a traditional buyer can obtain financing and this severely limits your buyer pool. Contact a local investment group whose members will offer you a fire sale price, but will usually pay cash. I would do this prior to considering listing the home if you want a quick, clean sale.
Web Reference: http://www.phgbrokers.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
You would start just like you would any other property. Contact me or another agent and have them come to the home to assess what the value is. Then do a comparative market analysis on the property to determine the listing price. As it sounds like the property is in very poor shape I would handle it like I do my bank repos. Feel free to contact me at mike@mikeschrull.com for further information. Check out my web site for further information.

Mike Schrull/Five Oaks Realty
Amherst Office.
Web Reference: http://mikeschruill.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
The best place to start is finding a local, full time agent who specializes in listing homes, they can eaily complete a broker price opinion and let you know what it is worth in todays market and how to bets go about getting it listed, marketed and sold. Good luck
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer