Home Selling in Libertyville>Question Details

David, Other/Just Looking in Libertyville, IL

I have a home in libertyville I can't afford to sell so I'm thinking of renting. Does anyone find renters and do property management? If

Asked by David, Libertyville, IL Wed Oct 21, 2009

so how much for each?

Answers

7
Really old question, this is a very strong rental market!
Hi: I hope you've found an answer to your question-with the changing real estate market, we're seeing many more rentals listed. I've had 3 just recently, I've found that my craigslist.com rental postings result in alot of calls.

There are many options out there, we're actually planning on having an informational seminar early in the new year with information on short sales and other options. Send me an e-mail if you're interested in more information- and good luck
David,
Yeah it sounds like your in the same position a lot of people find themselves in. While there's no fixed fee for either of those, we will help you rent your home for approximately the cost of one months rent. I.E. You're asking $1,000 a month. When we get you a lease the marketing fee would be about $1,000. As far as managment goes, it really depends on the type of property and what you need, but we have an "Arm Chair Investor" program where all you need to do is...nothing. We can even have the fund deposited to your account automatically. We manage about 40 units throughout Lake County ranging from luxury homes to studio condos and everything in between. Our fee's typically range between 8% and 10% of the collected rents. We have more information available at the website I've listed. Or you can call us at 847-363-2068 about property management. We've worked with over 30 rentals already this year and while I'm sure there are agents who do more of this, I haven't met one. What's the best e-mail to send you some information?

Mike Stodola
Web Reference: http://helpmanagemyhome.com
David
I was in your same position many years ago.

My advice:
1. Talk with a Realtor about your options. They should include: short sale, loan modification, rental of property.
2. Talk with a CPA regarding the tax implications of each option. In terms of the rental, look at tax implication while it is a rental, and if you sell.

One problem will be if you obtained financing under "owner occupied" and it changes to a rental, the mortgage company may ask you to re-finance. You (and the property) will need to re-qualify.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
David,

Please email me or give me a call. I would prefer to talk to you privately. I can be reached at

847-557-8501 or alaronowhomes@sbcglobal.net.

Please include the specific address so i can give you an accurate quote on the services I provide.

Thanks again,
Al Aronow
RE/MAX Suburban
David,

I do rent properties and do property management. I have a couple of different programs that I offer regarding property management depending upon how involved or "hands on" you wish to be. Please feel free to give me a call or send me an email at your convenience to discuss the options.

Al Aronow
RE/MAX Suburban
847-557-8501
alaronowhomes@sbcglobal.net
Yes, I do. My # is 847-367-4886. I am located in Libertyville. 847-367-4886.