Home Selling in Akron>Question Details

Sunlvr327, Home Seller in Akron, OH

I have a home for sale and a real estate agent that I can't get along with. Also I am paying on 2 mtgs. I'm desperate! Help...

Asked by Sunlvr327, Akron, OH Mon Sep 19, 2011

I have asked her brokeer to release me with no outcome on that yet. The agent has just held the 1st open house with another not scheduled for "several weeks". She knows I really need to sell this house or get it rented, but she doesn't seem to want to help me.

Answers

6
Sometimes personalities and/or expectations do not match up. When this happens like in your case, then the best course is to bring in a third party to mediate, and in this case the first one to go to is the listing agent's broker.

If your agent objects to this, then that may be a sign that you would be better off working with a different agent.

Never doubt that your agent wants to help you -- after all, she does not get paid unless she does help you.

Put yourself in your agent's shoes; is there some real reason that she is having trouble getting it shown? If so then just getting a different agent is probably not going to solve your problem.

Communication is the key. Talk to her, and if you can not agree on an course of action, then start interviewing other agents. But you may find that you will have similar issues with a new agent if you have what has turned out to be unreasonable expectations.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 19, 2011
Keep on the broker to release you from the listing. No one can force you to sell or to buy. If that doesn't work, contact the Akron Area Board of Realtors and present your situation to them. They can advise you what the next step should be. Once you have your listings released and can relist them, I would be happy to help market your home for a quick sale. Isabelle Maglione Gale
Short sale options can be fraustrating to both home owners and agents. If you are upset because the house has not sold yet while you are still paying two mortgages then what you are feeling may not be your agent but more about your financial situation. In all fairness I would suggest to be sure that what you are feeling is truly your agent or perhaps a stressed out state of mind with two mortgages. Good luck!
You will need to get released from the contract before you can get anything done, if you can get released I can help you get the house sold quickly and easily usually less than 2wks but I would need info/talk to you about the situation but you would need to be released from your contract before I can help you in the meantime you can check out my website and go to the products and services section http://@www.ctdtinvestmentproperties.com and call me directly after release from contract so we can discuss your options and get you outta that situation! My contact# 330 281 1876
Hello Sunlvr327,
I suggest that you speak with your agent and your agent's Broker again to discuss what your expectations are for her performance in marketing your home.
If you are not satisfied with what your agent will do for you marketing-wise then maybe you can suggest that the Broker assign another agent from that office who you will feel more comfortable working with.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
I would suggest reading the contract that you have with the agent. Is the agent doing what the contract states?