Home Selling in Killeen>Question Details

protecsvs, Home Seller in Killeen, TX

I have a great house for sale in Killeen. It is priced way below it's true value. 45 days and no offers. Is the housing market that bad in?

Asked by protecsvs, Killeen, TX Tue Mar 19, 2013

Killeen?

Answers

10
The Housing Market in Killeen is very good. We just have a lot of inventory so people have a lot of options. Your home will sell if it is in good condition, and is at the right price.

Talk with your Realtor and Listen to what they are saying.
Ask specific questions about the Marketing plan and about how they are marketing your home.

Good Luck.

What is the address......I can see if its a good fit for one of my buyers
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 20, 2013
Beautiful Home inside. For me as a buyer coming to the area next month, the thing that would be missing for me, is the garage. That's something that we need to have. Good luck selling:)
The Home is located at 1607 Waterford Drive. Contact Andrea Thompson at 254-291-3685.
I took your advice and lowered the price. Someone is going to gain instant equity and a great home. Contact Andrea Thompson with Realty Executives 254-291-3685 if you are interested.
Killeen currently has seven months of inventory in the MLS, which is a buyers market. From 1 Feb til Today 196 homes have sold. You said, your home is way below true value. If that is the case then Location & Condition come into play. If either of these are not up to the consumers standards then the home could sit for a while. How many showings? If none to a few you should get with your agent & re- look marketing & condition to more favorable compete with the market.
1607 Waterford Drive
I have made over $100k in improvements over the last 5 years.
I am a home builder that has moved to San Antonio.
No showings yet.
House should be selling for $210+ in good market.
Our market in Killeen is saturated with New Construction fully loaded and priced low. Currently the homes that are selling quicker right now is the New construction and foreclosures. Not to say your home won't sell becuase it will especially if it's priced right, it's just going to take longer. Just make sure it's being marketed to where it's being seen and have your agent reevaluate everything again. Unfortunately it's just going to take time whicy alot of sellers don't have. I hope this helps.

Pamela Moore
Coldwell Banker United Realtor
The housing market is great in Killeen, you say that it is way below its true value, is that value what an appraiser said it is worth or is it the market value of the home. The difference between the two is the appraised value is the value of a home at a specific time that is used to value the home for a lender. The market value is the price the house should sell for. There can sometimes be big difference between the two. Your house might be worth one amount to a mortgage company but in the current market if there is alot of competition for your home then the market value will be alot less. What makes your home stand out above the other homes on the market that is priced near or below your house? Comparable homes that are newer or priced less then yours will attract a buyer faster. I would say to call your Realtor and have then evaluate the price of your home compared to your competition.
1. How many viewings have taken place?

2. How many sales in your community in the last 120 days?