Joe, Home Seller in Yonkers, NY

I have a 3 family home off of Lockwood ave that is 2200 sq ft. The conditon is fair. What do you think it?

Asked by Joe, Yonkers, NY Tue Feb 24, 2009

would be worth and how long will it take to sell it?

Answers

4
There are many factors that go into pricing a home. How many bedroom are in each unit, are the kitchen and bathrooms updated. These are just a couple of factors as well as overall condition which you say is fair. If you would like I can preview your home and do an complete market analysis on it for you. There is no charge for this serive.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
Hey Joe. I have 8 multi-family properties that I am currently marketing in Westchester. I can share a bit of knowledge to help you.

First off, you should be aware that multi-families have been the hardest hit in this market downturn. The prices have dropped 15% from 2007, the biggest drop compared to any other type of property. The number of sales is down more than 34% over 2007. Yonkers is no exception. If you want to sell you must price accordingly. Also you have to decide if you will market to an investor or owner occupant. The marketing will be different in each case.

As everyone else said, there is no way of properly pricing the house without seeing it. The median sales price last year was $463,750 and I don’t know if yours is over or under that. I do know that you need a realtor in this market and I know that you should take their pricing advice if to want to sell. Check my website below and click the link on any of my multis to see some sales techniques. If you need help, just call me.

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence
917-855-0277
Web Reference: http://www.AskRey.net
I just had a listing right near there (which is currently in contract). At my open house I met two different families looking for a multi-family in the area.
Please contact me as I would be happy to give you an market evaluation (free), and also set up appointments to show these customes your home.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Mindy Gerstein
Prudentential Centennial Realty
914-774-3834 - cell
email:mgerstein@prucentennial.com
Web Reference: http://mindy.prucent.com
Hi Joe, This type of question can only by answered by seeing the property. As an agent not only do we take into consideration what other homes have sold for in your area, condition plays a big part. There is no way to guage exactly how long it will take to sell. I will tell you that if the home needs alot of updating or repairs the price should definitely reflect it. Due to current economic times buyters are already on the fence, when you put a home on the market you want to entice them to come off the fence. I have worked with hundreds of buyers in the past few years, my point is that I have a really good handle on what types of buyers are out there and what they look for. If you would like we could have a no strings attached conversation about strategies thta might work for you. If you would like to setup an in formal meeting at the home I can walk thru and give you my input and professional opinion.

Christopher Pagli
Associate Broker
Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023