Gardetra, Home Seller in 02832

I have a 2 bed 2 1/2 bath condo on a golf course. It is in good shape. Great location. I am moving out of

Asked by Gardetra, 02832 Sun Aug 23, 2009

state. Are condos selling in this market and how can I sell it at least by next summer?

Answers

5
You say you are moving out of your condo. Does that mean your condo will be empty? Call me for info regarding staging and showing your home. We have listed a property in your complex and may be able to give you information. Thank you. Eileen Anderson Blackledge Real Estate & Consulting
402 932 3555
Hi again,
Just to let you know what is going on in your complex. There was one sale in the past year and that was on the market for 109 days. If you need to get yours sold you need to price it right and get it on the market as soon as possible. If we can help you in any way please call 788-3715 or e-mail Bobremax@cox.net
Have a great day.....Bob
Hi Gardetra,

Here is the short answer for you with the long reasoning. Yes, you can get anything sold in any market. It comes down to a lot of factors including marketing and accurate price for the market.

The truth of the matter is that as a state Rhode Island condo sales(units sold) have dropped since last year at this same time, where the number of single families has increased significantly. 2nd Qtr number from the RI Association press release show that the # of condo sales dropped from 397 to 303 units from 08-09. Where single families increased 6.1% over that same time period.

In my opinion condos are a little tougher right now because of a couple factors. #1 is the record affordability for many single family homes. Condos seem to have a biggest gains when single family homes outprice many first time home buyers. #2 Financing is a little tougher on them right now. I was working with at least 2 local lenders who outright stopped lending for condos, plus many smaller associations do not qualify for FHA lending which is eliminating a lot of buyers.

With all of that being said, it still can be done and done quickly, with the right marketing strategy. Using facts like the ones above to your advantage you can tailor a marketing plan that will find the buyers that are out there. The first step would be to get as the other 2 answers suggest, have a couple of real estate agents in and give you a market analysis and then decide if it is a right decision for you.

Good Luck and let me know if I can be of any assistance to you,
Chris

BTW, here is the link to the article I referenced.
You must be in North Gardens @ Lindhbrook. I have sold a few in that complex and if you would like do a market analysis and time study to help you make a decision. I can be reached at 788-3715 or e-mail Bobremax@cox.net. Have a great day.
They are selling. It is all about marketing and price. Feel free to call me for details and a free market evaluation...

Chris Rotondo
401-486-7742