Home Selling in Lewiston>Question Details

Kady, Home Seller in Lewiston, ID

I have a Rental House in Lewiston and I am considering selling it. It is located 3 blocks from LCSC it's 3 bdrm. 1 bath 2 story house .

Asked by Kady, Lewiston, ID Wed Aug 3, 2011

It has a fenced back yard with a large deck, and a shed. I know the economy is bad right now and I was wondering if you could tell me approx. how much I could sell this house for?

Answers

4
Ken,

I agree with you in that it would be nice to be able to hear the follow up stories from these buyers/sellers that have requested assistance online. Many of them don't bother to ever comment online again or to give a "thumb's up" to the agent that responds with their favorite answer.
Hello Kady,

Just checking to see if you ever sold you place on Normal Hill? The local market has shown it is stablizing over the last year and all indicators suggest that this should be even a better year. If you are still interested in getting a market analysis done you can simply go to my website @ http://www.LCHomeValues.com and I will email you a report. Thanks & good luck.

Ken Miller, CRS ABR CNHS
Because of the economy, your home already having a tenant could be a great asset to an investor that is tired of getting 1% return on their CD's and no tax advantages. Depending on the lease with the tenant it may add value to the home.

Even though my license allows me to sell real estate anywhere in Idaho, I don't claim to know the Lewiston market to help you personally. I do have a broker there that has helped some of my clients in the past that would be glad to compete for your business.

One thing you have to be careful of is not letting the potential buyers upset your tenant causing them to want to move out! I highly encourage you to work with your tenant and to have a very detailed virtual tour done of the property with lots of photos so potential buyers can preview the home without disturbing the tenant. Double check your lease to see what provisions exist for 'quiet enjoyment" during their lease period!

Being so close to LCSC makes it a great investment opportunity since it is probably very easy to rent. You can also target students to get their parents to consider buying it as an investment instead of paying rent. I know I bought my very first home while attending BSU because I could buy a bigger home than I was renting. Today, with incredibly low interest rates and depressed housing prices, people with good credit are typically foolish to rent!

Hope this helps!
Hi Kady, I am a Realtor in Lewiston. I work for Idaho Country Properties and I recently set up an office on Main St. I did a quick CMA (Current Market Analysis) with the criteria you listed and really you could put your house on the market for $90- 100,000 and expect to sell it. Of course you could always list higher but there is no telling if it would actually sell for that much.
Since you probably have renters in there anyway, it really wouldn't matter how long it was on the market, but your renters would be put out with having to be on call for showings. I would love to get together with you, or just talk on the phone about the pros and cons with selling your house vs. renting it out. Call me anytime. My # is 208- 791- 4551 and my e-mail is waaseby@yahoo.com. Hopefully this helped and I really would like to help you more, so give me a call!