jomar1, Both Buyer and Seller in Miami, FL

I have 2.5 Acres in the 170 St SW 200 Ave 33187 area. This is an agricultural property on which a residence cannot be built. Need to sell or rent.

Asked by jomar1, Miami, FL Wed Jul 11, 2012

I do not know much about this type of land. I am trying to have someone help me learn what its value is in today's market and whether renting it is even feasibly an option. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Answers

8
Jomar, I realize you may not need help any longer as it's been a few months. But just in case, and for the benefit of any others who may be searching, I am providing a response.

I am very familiar with this area and have sold parcels there. I am not asking anyone to call me, as most agents tend to do. But my contact information is readily found and I don't ever mind answering questions.

You land is directly south of the 8.5 Square Mile Area (so named by the Army Corps of Engineers in their Everglades Restoration Modified Water Deliveries Project). This area is now called Las Palmas by its residents. Within the boundaries of the 8.5 SMA as well as outside of it, the Department of Environmental Resources Management (DERM) has been fining property owners for not using the property in a way consistent with it's zoning. They claim much of the land is classified as wetlands and cannot be farmed without proper (and very expensive) permitting. If it cannot be farmed, who is going to rent it? Most folks who rent these types of land do so to do some sort of farming. The situation is complicated and has continued for years, without a resolution.

The community is in an uproar over the excessive fines by DERM and I've attended protests to bring attention to the unfair and excessive fines by DERM. Some folks have homes on these properties and claim they've had to mortgage their homes in order to pay these fines.

There is a very active resident in the area who has employed the services of a law firm to fight for her rights regarding this. Her efforts would help her neighbors as well so she has sought their support. She can be reached by going to the first link I am posting below. I am also including a few other links in case you want to read up on this. It's complicated and most Miami-Dade residents are unaware it's taking place. If you go to Google and search "8.5 Square Mile Area" you will come up with more information than you would care to read.

But everything has a price. Yes, your land can be sold. A realtor who is active in the area can give you an idea of its value. As for renting, that's more complicated. Of course you can rent it. But your tenant will be limited in what they can do on the land and you should make them aware of the limitations BEFORE they rent so they don't come back to you later, upset that DERM came in and fined them for whatever they are doing on the property.

Best of luck to you.

http://www.8-5squaremile.com/

http://www.keepourrights.org/sawgrass3.htm

http://www.freedomadvocates.org/articles/private_property/th…
I may want to buy it myself. Call me! Yolande Citro 305 968 1763
http://www.yolandecitro.com/
Six weeks ago I sold 5 acres on 190 St and 196 ave. and have a good idea of values in the area, but to do things right would like to take a look at the property.
You may reach me at 305-298-2810
Sylvia Valldeperas
Coldwell Banker
Hi jomar
I know a lot about this type of property,I can have it sold or rented,call me 305 300 8540
Regards
Anthony khouri
Send me an email to zubihomes@gmail.com and I will send you how I can help and show you what I do.

thank you and hope to hear from you soon.
The best way would be to get in touch with a competent real estate agent who will prepare a market analysis for you.
Jomar up to date put your property for sale like by owner is not too easy. Hiring a Real Estate Agent with knowledge to recognize what is the best buyer for your property right here is one. If you need my services like an agent and also like advisor, more than glad to provide to you with the more accure information. 305 519-3199 or nfigueroa3199@hotmail.com
Dear Jomar1, I have 32+ years experience in the Redlands/Homestead Ag areas and I'm confiendt I can help you. So please send me the address and/or folio no of your property I'll be happy to do the right research and advise you accordingly. Thank you, Steve Epstein, 305-546-5132 or email stevecepstein@gmail.com or company email sepstein@acrmiami.com.

Best regards, trust I'll hear from you soon.