Vargas, Home Buyer in 01748

I hate the house I just brought, how long do i have to wait to get rid of it

Asked by Vargas, 01748 Thu Oct 18, 2012

I looked at so many houses so many that i loved put I would lose in the bid, even going higher in price, so I would get the house, no luck, I got so tried I took this house, the more i look at it the more i hate it, I have done everything I can to make it mine but it I still hate it,,,,I hate it, I wait for a storm to take it,no luck, I am stuck with it because it was a VA loan,,,, electic bill is always $350.00 a month, I did try to fight it,,,,, my knees are giving out going up and down the stairs, I wanted a big house i went to big,,2239sq. up and down,,ceiling is about 20 ft. high, all I see is wall, we are in our late fifties ,, I hate my home - 7 months so far,,and I hate it more each day,,, we can not rent it ,,so much for the sun shine state,, it is still better then snow

Answers

2
I'm sorry you and your house are not getting along. Take Elizabeth's advice and talk with a local realtor. Even if you financially can not get out of it now, that realtor may be able to give you some clarity of your options. If not now, but how to get to where you want to be.

I trust everything will work out in the end for you and your husband.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
How long you should wait will depend in large part on market conditions in your area. If the market is picking up, if inventory is low - then perhaps you could try selling sooner. You might want to talk to an agent to get his or her advice - though I would keep your frustrations with your home to yourself - no sense letting them know you don't like your place. You want them to be enthusiastic boosters of your house.

In the meantime I guess I would try to make the best of things. There must have been some things you liked about the house initially. It might be a good idea to get an an energy assessment to see if you could do something about your utility bills. Could you turn a downstairs room into a master bedroom? I can relate to the bad knees - I keep meaning to get back to swimming - it's helped my knees in the past.

I wish you the best with it- just know that you will eventually get a house that really feels like home.