Home Selling in Oakland>Question Details

Ynspecter, Home Seller in Oakland, CA

I hate showing people around my home. I take it very personally if they do not like it. What are some agent tips?

Asked by Ynspecter, Oakland, CA Thu Apr 4, 2013

Answers

8
You hate Buyers.
You hate Realtors.
You are going to have a tough time pretending to be a Salesman!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
LOL!
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013
Aren't you the same person who said in another question thread "Why use an agent at all?"

But yet you want to grovel for free advice from same agent community? You're a bit late: April's Fools was 3 days ago....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
Funny....you don't want to use a realtor to help you sell your own place.... but you're asking us for tips...

We ask sellers not to be present during showings for the very reason you state: you take it personally, and may not respond in a manner to help you sell the house.

But if you are intent on selling your place yourself, here's how to the get the most C (cash) by doing the C's --- color, cleanliness, curb appeal, de-clutter, condition (repairs)
http://activerain.com/blogsview/3121946/preparing-a-house-fo…

Good luck....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hire a Realtor and they can take care of this for you.
Oh really you know why you do not want to work with a Realtor to list your home for sale, but you hate
showing your home, because you are sensitive to the potential buyers comments, that is exactly one of
the reasons to remove yourself from the selling and negotiating process, and let a Realtor do this in your best interest and on your behalf, without any personal and emotional involvement.

Let me know if you need a recommendation
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
One of many mistakes that can be made is just this one. You should not be at home when showing your property. Also, remember that not every house fits every buyer. Not every house is a 100% of what the buyer is looking for either. Do not make it personal. I have good friends but do not like their house, sow what? Let the agent do the showings and the talking.
A
As an owner you should NEVER be showing your own house. You hate the feeling of rejection when buyer’s don’t share the same tastes you do? How do you think buyers feel being showed around your house by you? Hint: They HATE it.

Bottom line: you should NEVER be there when your house is being shown. PERIOD.

My agent tip? Get an agent and let them do their job. Or, if you insist on doing this yourself, if you don’t like the feeling of rejection when buyers don’t like what they see? Get over it.
Get yourself and agent and have your agent do the showings! This is exactly why folks should not sell their own homes. Among many other reasons, it's difficult to be objective!